What's new
What's new

tsugami lathe BO325B-11 LOW COOLANT ALARM

toolfood

Plastic
THIS LATHE IS A FANUC OI MODEL D CONTROL. THE CHIPS GET STRINGY AND BLOCK THE DRAIN FROM OIL GOING BACK TO THE TANK. THE TANK GETS LOW ON OIL AND SETS THE MACHINE IN LOW COOLANT ALARM USUALLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PROGRAM. INSTEAD OF GOING INTO ALARM AFTER PART IS DONE END OF BLOCK ; IS THERE ANYWAY TO CHANGE IT TO WHEN THE PARTS FINISHED. SOME PARAMETER OR TIME DELAY OR SOMETHING. GIVE ME A REPLY IF ANYONE KNOWS APPRECIATE IT.

I'm not sure if you can cause that low coolant alarm to occur only at the end of the program. My BO326II does the same thing and if you figure out how please post back.

Seems odd stringy chips are causing your problem. Doesn't seem they should hold back coolant. My problem happens when swarf fills the coolant strainer boxes in the conveyor. Plenty of oil in the tank but it's trapped in the conveyor. Maybe you are having the same issue. Gotta pull the conveyor, remove strainer boxes, and clean em out. It's a real mess but I've only had to do it 2 or 3 times on 5 years. To keep more fines out of the tank I put a 5 gallon paint strainer bag on the coolant return. It works a charm.

And sorry I can't remember the brand of conveyor right now. I'll try to check tomorrow.

Regarding low coolant alarms, some of my Tsugamis alarm out in the middle of the cycle and some wait until the cycle is over. I specifically asked Morris Midwest about this and they said it would be a $1,500 service charge ladder change. I passed but it really is annoying when it stops in the middle. Good luck!

1) Why are you yelling?

2) This seems common in small lathes where the oil can't make it back to the sump in time. I've contemplated increasing tank size to try to relieve the problem.

Our Tsugami BO326-ii has a flow switch on the flood coolant line, just downstream of the pump. When we first got it, the fines filter on the "hybrid" chip conveyor immediately plugged up. Causing the tank to run dry, leading to the same problem as yours. I found that Tsugami had provided a jumper inside the electrics cabinet if the machine didnt have a flow switch. But I think it is a good safety measure, so I suggest you fix your coolant problem. I threw the fines filter in the trash. We now rely on the basket in the tank and I added another perforated partition just behind the basket.

We had the only chip conveyor offered and it gave us problems out of the gate.

Back