What's new
What's new

Tsugami NM3 ( micro 5 ) Cnc lathe problems

Danvil

Plastic
So I took a gamble, and I picked up this little lathe, but it seems my gamble may not pay off..

Tsugami nm3 micro 5.
Won’t turn on, everything seems to be powered but the main screen won’t turn on once powered up.
Anybody with some helpful advice would be appreciated before my new investment is scrap.

I found a low battery 2.6v should be 3.6 on Board Gx04..
Wondering if that’s the problem, but worried I’m gonna have no parameters for this thing.

The battery being low is unlikely to be the cause of your issues, unless you saw this thing working fine before you bought it, it is more rational to assume that there are significant problems. Frankly there are so many possibilities that there is little point in speculation by anyone here. We'd be guessing with even less information than what you have available to you. A component by component analysis is required, with schematics or a deep understanding of the system, typically starting from the power supply.

I wouldn't be in a rush to get it going if I were you as you increase the chance of causing further problems, it feels like you have a long term learning project on your hands. Alternatively, you could gut the older controller and other components and replace them with a new third party system that has documentation and is known to be working.

First thing I would do is try to contact the manufacturer and get a wiring diagram. Then I would probe for all of the voltages on the boards and through the wires to make sure everything was reading the correct voltage/grounded/showing continuity. Does the hydraulic pump turn on? Do the lights turn on? If it is Fanuc, I would call my fanuc guy to take a look (he goes by the nickname FANUC whisperer).

First thing I want to know is how are you powering it? That is a 3 phase machine and you are feeding what to it? Who wired it?

First thing I want to know is how are you powering it? That is a 3 phase machine and you are feeding what to it? Who wired it?
It’s 3phase running off a phase converter, that I wired in.
I don’t think the 3 phase is the problem I checked that over proper and I have another lathe running off the same converter so I don’t think that’s the issue.

First thing I would do is try to contact the manufacturer and get a wiring diagram. Then I would probe for all of the voltages on the boards and through the wires to make sure everything was reading the correct voltage/grounded/showing continuity. Does the hydraulic pump turn on? Do the lights turn on? If it is Fanuc, I would call my fanuc guy to take a look (he goes by the nickname FANUC whisperer).
It’s a Mitsubishi control.
Do you know any Mitsubishi whisperers hahaha

It’s 3phase running off a phase converter, that I wired in.
I don’t think the 3 phase is the problem I checked that over proper and I have another lathe running off the same converter so I don’t think that’s the issue.
OK, so all 3 phase power is the same, and rotation is never an issue. Got it. You won't get too far with "my machine won't work, why?" The more you put into it, the more helpful people become.

Back