What's new
What's new

Turret alarm issues

rjwalker1973

Stainless
Hey folks hoping someone in the community can steer me in the right direction. One of my st25y haas lathes crashed recently when the bar feeder pushed out a bar too far and the turning tool decided to end it's usefulness. I have sense corrected this problem across all my lathes with a parameter adjustment and a safety cut at the beginning of all programs. The problem is the machine in question now throws an alarm every few minutes. 9.108 TT (tool turret) axis servo overload. It throws this alarm constantly even when sitting idle, during cuts, after cuts, while going home. We had a repair guy come out and he thought it was caused by the cabinet cooler not working correctly. We got that working and the problem persists. Any ideas on where to start with this issue? Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Did you get this resolved?
I was thinking that if your turret got wacked out of position, the turret index servo motor might be fighting against the curvic coupling or whatever they use to lock the turret in place. I don't know how Haas does their turrets. Have you realigned the turret after the crash? You may also need to reset the turret index motor zero position. Hopefully Haas has a procedure for that.

yes it has been aligned. We recently changed amplifiers, cut a bad spot out of the cord that was crimped and the problem persists. I will check the things you mentioned and see if I can get some answers.

Back