What's new
What's new

Unknown old bench lathe

Steingrim66!

Plastic
Hi
I have started with the restoration of an old lathe that I have come across, when I started I thought it was a South Bend (looked like on several pictures) but now I'm pretty sure it's some sort of clone? I I have plowed the web for pictures similar to my lathe but haven't yet found any that are fully cast around the bearings in the headstock, they all have some type of clamp around the bearings, can anyone help me figure out what make it might be? It have the mark "GAN 12" where SB has the serialnumbers. it was bought from a litle farm in Sweden. Thanks!
Drei2.jpgDrei3.jpgDrei4.jpgDrei5.jpgDrei6.jpg
drei-jpg.371969

Attachments

• Drei.jpg
    Drei.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Drei1.jpg
    Drei1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 9
Check lathes.co.uk for clones. There are a couple of Swedish made one's. Also, check out maskinisten.net, a Swedish forum. They have one dedicated to lathes, mills and such. You need to register to post there.
RGDS
Kjelle (in Sweden)

Welcome to the Forum!

There is a "sticky" post at the beginning of this forum which describes a good method for taking lathe identification photos:

Instructions for taking a set of "Mug Shots" to identify a lathe or other machine​

More details of the left side of the headstock would be helpful.

As an aside, you have chosen a very appropriate and attractive green color! Is this a RAL color? If so, which one?

Regards,
John Ruth

Back