What's new
What's new

US Steel For Sale?

I'm not flipping out over it but it wasn't anybody's great-grandfather, it was our parents. There are people alive today who went through that. And the leaders of japan still put wreaths on war criminals' graves. How would you feel if Angela Merkel put wreaths on Hitler's, Himmlers, Goebbels' graves ? Germany at least repudiates those years, while Japan celebrates them. They also still murder whales for no reason whatsoever, and last I heard were still killing porpoises by the thousands.

Fine, everybody does something someone doesn't like but as far as China and Japan go, fuck Japan. It's like comparing Jeffrey Dahmer to the kid who scratched your car door with his shopping cart in the parking lot.

Sorry, just the facts, ma'am. When people say dumb stuff like that, I'm going to react with reality.
You're mad about what Japan did 80 years ago, while ignoring what China is doing to us right now and has been for decades.

I don't like Japan killing whales, or porpoises, but what about China finning sharks, or buying bear organs, or other animal parts that lead to killing endangered/protected animals in massive quantities? In fact, the huge population of China leads to such a massive demand they're probably a far worse offender when it comes to stuff like that.

What about China continuing to build dirty coal power plants and polluting the world even though they could build cleaner plants using proven technology but refuse to do so because it costs more?

What about China conveniently executing convicts at higher rates when the demand for human organs is higher...even convicts for fairly minor crimes. Think that's reasonable?

Oh, let's not forget China's one-child policy with forced abortions and infanticide...you know, taking the unauthorized baby from the mother and killing it. They only stopped that policy seven years ago.

Japan isn't perfect, but they haven't done anything hostile to the U.S. in 78 years. Sure, they've engaged in competitive business practices, but so have many other friendly countries.

China is as hostile as it gets....today, right now, and for decades in the past.

I say that as someone with personal knowledge of "just the facts" on that topic. It's also a safe bet my picture is on a dart board somewhere in Beijing. Saying Japan is Jeffrey Dahmer and China is a kid who scratched your car door is beyond stupid.

Being from the UK it's safe to say we did ok around the world contrary to popular opinion.

Without Great Britain most of the third world would be mumbling unintelligible languages. We gave them English
We gave them culture and sophistication.(y)
Knives and forks.
Clothes, so the native women didn't have to go around displaying their bits. :)
Taught the world how to make steel.
There's probably other wonderful advances we bought to the third world.

Breaks my heart we don't get more credit:cry:
And was one of the first to abolish slavery and at that time the largest I believe.

Saying Japan is Jeffrey Dahmer and China is a kid who scratched your car door is beyond stupid.
No, actually your whole post was stupid but I'm going to save everyone the aggravation of reading why. But ten minutes' actual thought will lead people with a brain to a different conclusion.

Have to admit tho, thanks for the giggle over beijing being concerned about you. Yeah, I just mailed a package today and saw your photo on the wall at the post office. If your head gets any bigger you won't be able to fit through the bathroom door, will have to pee outside :D

Us steel is making big profits. Far from declining. It was not for sale other than any corporation is for sale.

Nippon, or maybe the biggest steel manufacturer in the USA ( Nucor (Japanese company btw)), are likely buyers looking to expand. Also get productive mines and the most advanced mill in the world, with contracts for all (100 percent) of Volvo trucks, more in Volvo vehicles, landed an undisclosed contract with ford…. Serious cash on hand and low debt.

The corporate board is obligated to share holders, not the company or employees. It is a stupid model set up by the greatest generation and refined worse since then.

I hope the union gets a fat cut or squashes the sale. I hope for a lot of imaginary things.

the biggest steel manufacturer in the USA ( Nucor (Japanese company btw)),
Really ? When did that happen ? They were a little maverick startup taking on Big Steel with minimills, and all that. Richard Preston, American Steel. A little dramatic but a fun read, with good descriptions of the process. It's worth finding a copy, you'd like it.

Really ? When did that happen ? They were a little maverick startup taking on Big Steel with minimills, and all that. Richard Preston, American Steel. A little dramatic but a fun read, with good descriptions of the process. It's worth finding a copy, you'd like it.
Years ago. The mini mill is so good at recycling it is hard to compete. Sure blast furnaces are brutally cool, the instant melts with giant arc are still future tense looking.

I read that one. Agree, pretty good read.

Us steel is making big profits. Far from declining. It was not for sale other than any corporation is for sale.

Nippon, or maybe the biggest steel manufacturer in the USA ( Nucor (Japanese company btw)), are likely buyers looking to expand. Also get productive mines and the most advanced mill in the world, with contracts for all (100 percent) of Volvo trucks, more in Volvo vehicles, landed an undisclosed contract with ford…. Serious cash on hand and low debt.

The corporate board is obligated to share holders, not the company or employees. It is a stupid model set up by the greatest generation and refined worse since then.

I hope the union gets a fat cut or squashes the sale. I hope for a lot of imaginary things.
The Union members got their "cut" every payday as agreed in the contract they negotiated.
If they wanted a bigger piece of the action they could have bought stock or had the union negotiate an employee buyout or some kind of ESOP.
The Union will act in accordance of the current Administration's best interest and gaining the union vote.

I do worry a bit when steel plants indicate that they're going over from blast furnaces to electric arc furnaces. Do they mean with direct reduction, dependence on externally (foreign?) DR briquettes or just recycled steel (like Nucor)?

This is the future of the two remaining primary sites in the UK, with the last four blast furnaces closing.

Can the electric arc furnace processes produce primary iron?

Nucor is not Japanese. It is a US company, and is owned by shareholders who buy stock on the exchange here. Biggest owner is Vanguard, at 12%. I used to own some shares myself, think I might still.
Nucor has been the largest single US steelmaker for at least a decade.
I own that book American Steel, its good, but it came out in 1991, and discusses the 60s thru the early 80s, mostly.
The world changes pretty fast.
I have been buying and using Nucor steel for probably 30 years now, they have a mill in Seattle, as well as mills in Utah and Arizona and Texas, so a lot of the steel here in the NW is from their mills.

Last edited:
No, actually your whole post was stupid but I'm going to save everyone the aggravation of reading why. But ten minutes' actual thought will lead people with a brain to a different conclusion.

Have to admit tho, thanks for the giggle over beijing being concerned about you. Yeah, I just mailed a package today and saw your photo on the wall at the post office. If your head gets any bigger you won't be able to fit through the bathroom door, will have to pee outside :D
Written like someone who has no idea about the topic, but wants to stick to a stupid theory. It's the classic "I could prove you wrong, but I won't waste the time" bullshit when you actually can't back up your posts. I can back up mine, but you wouldn't have the balls to follow through.

China is hostile to the U.S., Japan is not. Period. End of story.

EmGo, EmanuelGoldsten, SeaMoss...

Written like someone who has no idea about the topic, but wants to stick to a stupid theory. It's the classic "I could prove you wrong, but I won't waste the time" bullshit when you actually can't back up your posts. I can back up mine, but you wouldn't have the balls to follow through.

lmao no one likes us. Everyone is hostile to us just some have the balls to do it our face.

Seems to me that 95% of the hostility is from the US to China, not the other way around. The idiotic trade war is not doing the world any good at all...

I would prefer to ignore this, as it's so stupid - but a personal attack should at least be acknowledged I guess. On this subject, you have brown eyes.

Did kinda make me laugh that I have a "theory" tho. You can't back up doodly-squat, dear. You can't even buy breakfast. C'mon, impress us with your knowledge of china, whatcha gonna order ? I mean, if they throw darts at your photo and stuff you should at least be able to buy a snack.

红豆包.jpg

I would prefer to ignore this, as it's so stupid - but a personal attack should at least be acknowledged I guess. On this subject, you have brown eyes.

Did kinda make me laugh that I have a "theory" tho. You can't back up doodly-squat, dear. You can't even buy breakfast. C'mon, impress us with your knowledge of china, whatcha gonna order ? I mean, if they throw darts at your photo and stuff you should at least be able to buy a snack.

View attachment 420484
Big pass on the Bat soup.....
1703267278341.png

Did kinda make me laugh that I have a "theory" tho. You can't back up doodly-squat, dear.
No attack, just a statement of fact. Like I said, I can back up my claims. Open challenge...PM me a phone number and I'll call you.

How's your long distance pricing?
Didn't see this, I thought our defender of freedom dropped it, like he should have .... if you have weixin, fbi guy, I'll give you the contact info. Otherwise, only phone I use is at work and ms bai the reception lady (no photos, I don't want you guys drooling over our office ladies. Or worse) doesn't have any english. Of course that won't be a problem for our china expert ... don't forget we're 14 hours ahead of you, I think. Detroit is one off from east coast ?

The fact is, china is so far beyond g-guy's understanding that I don't even feel up to starting. Don't even want to, he is too brainwashed to ever accept reality :(

But if you can figure this out (4 billion views, just about everyone in china knows this and can relate, should be easy for you, the words are printed on the screen) and talk about it in a halfway intelligent manner, I'll talk .... cuz I'm a sensitive and considerate kinda person :)

Last edited:

Back