What's new
What's new

Used Amada Press Brake controller

MValentine

Plastic
Our company has been looking to replace an old Pacific mechanical press brake and specifically have been looking at late 90s-early 2000s Amadas. We've found some decent looking machines, but my boss has some concerns after talking with the technician that has been working on the Pacific. The technician claims that most all press brake manufacturers obsolete the parts that go into the controllers for these older machines. Does anyone have any knowledge on this? We don't want to have to spend the same amount of money on upgrading the controller as we do on purchasing the machine, so if that is the case we will probably look into some newer used machines.

Thank you,

MV

I can't speak on the larger scale, but we do have a number of Amada press brakes in this shop. Two of them are 2011 HFE models. I can say that the HFE models were discontinued and I was told by the Amada tech that they only support the control as far as the parts remaining on shelf. The HFEs were such a blunder though, it doesn't surprise me too much that they would stop supporting THESE press brakes in specific. We have older RG models, as well as some of the new ones, all which I was told are still supported by Amada. I guess the easiest way to find out would be contact Amada and ask if they still support the control model you are looking at.

Back