What's new
What's new

Used Milltronics Rh20

TlMker

Plastic
We are looking at buying a used Machine for Tool Room use. At first I was looking at Trak DPM's can't find a good one on the market. I have experience with Trak machines none with Milltronics. We are now most likely going to buy a 2012 Milltronics RH20. How does a Milltronics Rh20 compare to a Trak DPM? The tool changer on the RH20 is pro . Not having handwheel control like a Trak is a con . Anything else I should know about?

Have had both machines. Still have the RH20
You get a jog wheel at the control and I use mine as a manual machine all the time. You used to be able to get a 2 axis handwheel box that would sit on a stand (2 encoders) not sure if they even offer it anymore.
I have 9 VMCs and an RH20 in the shop, Use the RH20 for all of my prototyping and repair work, so easy to get to the table for akward setups.
JMHO

Have had both machines. Still have the RH20
You get a jog wheel at the control and I use mine as a manual machine all the time. You used to be able to get a 2 axis handwheel box that would sit on a stand (2 encoders) not sure if they even offer it anymore.
I have 9 VMCs and an RH20 in the shop, Use the RH20 for all of my prototyping and repair work, so easy to get to the table for akward setups.
JMHO
Are they good machines? We are looking at buying either a 12 year old machine or a 16 year old machine. Is there anything problems you've had to address on a regular basis? I know buying an old machine there's always a risk. We are treating it like a machine we hope to lat a few years. Leaning towards the 12 year old machine but will be inspecting it Monday.

Back