What's new
What's new

Using Right Angle Head in Brother Speedio W1000Xd1

cgrim3

Cast Iron
Hi all,

I am upfitting a tool changeable right-angle head and stopping block into the Brother Speedio W1000Xd1 machine right now. It checks all the boxes - weight <4kg and bt30 dual contact taper.

Is there anything I should know before using it? Any tips or tricks with this particular Brother Speedio? Do I have to classify the ATC as heavy tool, slow tool change down, etc? Do I have to have 1 tool station on both sides of the angle head empty or can I have tools in them?

Thanks,

Chris

Do I have to classify the ATC as heavy tool, slow tool change down, etc? Do I have to have 1 tool station on both sides of the angle head empty or can I have tools in them?
This depends on how much it weighs, and the effective diameter that it takes up in the magazine.

If you check in the Operation Manual 1, pgs 3-27 and 3-28, it gives you tool holder specs and limitations. Length, Weight , Dia, rpm and center of gravity play into the equation. As far as tools running next to each other, the manual says if you run two 125mm OSG face mills, do not run them in adjacent stations. In other words, run smaller dia. tool holders next to the large tools. As long as they don't interfere with each other you are good. This is for the drum style 14, 21, or 28 tool magazines on S or W series machines.

Back