What's new
What's new

Vendors and pricing on6AL4V Ti?

huleo

Hot Rolled
We really only have one vendor for Ti. I'd like to price shop a bit more. Sort of curious what others are paying for plate? Gr5. If you want to send a PM, I can understand. We are talking new, certified material, not reclaimed. Actually, we looked at some reclaimed but would have to investigate how to recert the material. Never done it.

I use Sackin Metals in Huntington Beach if I need small amounts without certs. For anything that I need consistently, with certs, and cut to size especially I use TMS Titanium. They've been great to work with, always have what I need in stock and their cut sizes are dialed.

Sackin is roughly $20/lb and TMS is roughly $60/lb YMMV.

We really only have one vendor for Ti. I'd like to price shop a bit more. Sort of curious what others are paying for plate? Gr5. If you want to send a PM, I can understand. We are talking new, certified material, not reclaimed. Actually, we looked at some reclaimed but would have to investigate how to recert the material. Never done it.
Actually, I would like to know also, I am in Utah also, I don't do any Ti but have a customer that is sending some Ti parts over, and I have never used it.

TMS is usually our go to. Usually have the best price. We have used Supra. And I think performance Titanium as well.

I use Sackin Metals in Huntington Beach if I need small amounts without certs. For anything that I need consistently, with certs, and cut to size especially I use TMS Titanium. They've been great to work with, always have what I need in stock and their cut sizes are dialed.

Sackin is roughly $20/lb and TMS is roughly $60/lb YMMV.
Really? $60/lb for new cert'd Ti? Is that when buying an entire truckload or something? We are certainly paying more than that!

Back