What's new
What's new

Vibratory Tumbler Brand Recommendations

Haku

Plastic
I’m looking for a W3 to W5 type machine, for prepping 6061T6 parts for anodizing. We do small production runs, where we’ll make between 150-350 parts a month. As I’m shopping around I’m noticing that Giant Finishing, Mass Finishing, Kalamazoo Industries, and Advanced Finishing all have very similar machines at similar price points. So, to people that own tumblers from these companies, what do you love/hate about them? And are there other companies I should be considering? I know Mr. Deburr is fairly popular, but I’m really looking for an enclosed machine. Thanks in advance!

We have a Mr. Deburr 300DB and a 600DB. I like them. They both come with a heavy cover on the top which makes them pretty much enclosed. Kind of loud. I put them in an old walk-in freezer and set them on rubberized horse stall mats from Tractor Supply. That helped.

W3-W5? Not sure what that means .

Bowl type vibes like Sweco have better parts separation than tub types. Almco made one, there are prob others.

The size of your parts matters a lot, too. My Sweco is a 3 cu ft - anything bigger than about 2" x 10" is a problem. The best for pre-anodize finish though.

W3-W5? Not sure what that means .

Bowl type vibes like Sweco have better parts separation than tub types. Almco made one, there are prob others.

The size of your parts matters a lot, too. My Sweco is a 3 cu ft - anything bigger than about 2" x 10" is a problem. The best for pre-anodize finish though.

W3-W5 are standard tub type 3 and 5 cu ft type tumblers. I'll probably buy a bowl eventually, but for now, I'll probably stick with a tub as most of my parts are 12"x6"x2". But I'm more curious about who you bought your tumbler from, how your experience with the company has been etc.

Started with a tub type

Bought a bowl type

almost never use the tub now

bowl is quieter and as mentioned better part separation

Who'd you buy from? How's the experience with the company been? How's the product been? Gripes? Things you love?

Long time ago, 30 years or so, from New England Metal Finishing. IIRC, $3500 for a 3 cu ft Sweco, new bearings, new liner. Needless to say, everythings quite a bit more expensive now. Used their consumables for quite a while. Compound and 3/4" plastic tetrahedrons.

Very happy with the machine, though I don't use it much these days. Recently switched to synthetic media. An occasional sprinkle of non-chlorinated dishwasher detergent keeps the suds down.

Who'd you buy from? How's the experience with the company been? How's the product been? Gripes? Things you love?

Bought them both used, they last forever with almost no maintenance.

I had to put a drive coupling in the tub, and side urethane. In 30 years. Done nothing to the bowl in 15, just turn it on

Back