What's new
What's new

Vintage Machinery selling on FB Marketplace

JoeE.

Titanium
I made a few screenshots of the equipment this guy has got for sale.. it shows a railroad wheel press, a large radial arm drill, a planer and a large amount of other equally old equipment. Looks to be in a building has either been on fire or has just collapsed around it...most of it looks like it's exposed to the elements...but doesn't actually look rusty.
what little bit of investigating I could do on my phone... it looks like he is in arkansas. Trying to find somebody's location on Facebook Marketplace is a lot of trouble.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220731-082723_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220731-082723_Facebook.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 133
  • Screenshot_20220731-082730_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220731-082730_Facebook.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_20220731-082736_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220731-082736_Facebook.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_20220731-082751_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220731-082751_Facebook.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_20220731-082757_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220731-082757_Facebook.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
His for sale page....Boe Welch is the name on the listing...if that helps.
Lots of Marketplace listing seem a bit sketchy to me these days, but you just can't tell til you message them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220731-082815_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220731-082815_Facebook.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I believe the OP's point is just informational. Someone here on the forum may be interested. I would be mildly interested in the radial arm drill press however, if the machines are indeed in Arkansas, what little interest I may possess quickly evaporates.

I tend to agree that the exposure to the elements is relatively recent. The building has collapsed, or otherwise been destroyed in the not too distant past. The rust is pretty minor.

Fire,by the looks of whats maybe charcoal on the floor.......anyhoo,the drill still has wires etc ,so its not burnt,just smoke stained.......looks a nice drill ,and not too big by th elevating table ........assuming its not worn out ,I suppose.

I thought I saw charcoal on the floor, too, John.
But, the pressure gauge on the press still has glass in the face.

.... if you want to know the location, respond to the ad and ask the seller.
The whole idea is to be able to glance at an ad and see where the items are located, and to determine if it's a legitimate person doing the selling. Then, you can make the determination if it's worth the effort to inquire about it. I don't want to inquire and find out that they're in Woonsocket, R.I....waste of my time.
With facebook marketplace, if the seller is not in the radius of, say, 60 miles... like I've got mine set...it will not display their location.... then, you have to do a lot of clicking to get past all the roadblocks they put in your way. If they are not in your pre-defined radius, their system will still put up their ad.. it just says "out of your area" or something like that.

The whole idea is to be able to glance at an ad and see where the items are located, and to determine if it's a legitimate person doing the selling. Then, you can make the determination if it's worth the effort to inquire about it. I don't want to inquire and find out that they're in Woonsocket, R.I....waste of my time.
Don't worry. The seller will ship the whole lot right to your door, presumably in a medium flat rate box. What could go wrong?

Bad-Shipping-Quote.gif

Tom

I started to go down there and take a look. Its only about 40 miles away. Actually rented a house about a mile from that shop back in the early 1980's. I have to much stuff and don't need anymore projects. So I didn't go check it out. They did have a fire and it looks like most of the building burned from what I can tell. Its in Gurdon Ar if anyone wants to know.

read what i posted over here in regard to his pricing.

Back