What's new
What's new

Vogel lubrication unit Controller gone bad

We have a Vogel lubrication unit on one of our Deckel millling machines that the controller is bad
Replacements are expensive
As we have this problem on a regular base we look into making something of our own as a option
I see the devise doing the following
If it gets power the pump start
It the pressure switch engages the pump stops
Then a timer starts for the next cycle
I can see 2 alarms
1 When the pressure switch engages within a very short time (2sec) the line seems to be plugged That stops the pump and the alarmled lights up
2 When the pressure switch is not engaged after a longer time (2min??) the line has a leak Pump stops and the alarmled lights up
Then there is also a pressbutton for manual lubrication
Am I missing something ??
Does there exist something already for about €350,-?? (240v 50Hz)

Peter

Wouldn't one of those small DIN rail mounted PLCs suffice for something that simple? I can't say which one would work for this, since I never programmed one of those in my life, but I figure they should have timers in them to handle your 1. and 2. alarm conditions. They aren't exactly cheap, but I think you'd be able to put together everything necessary with your budget.

Something custom, analog or digital, could be made much cheaper, but for low quantity it doesn't make sense unless you can do the circuit design yourself.

maybe something like this https://www.amazon.nl/-/en/SR2B121FU/dp/B00205B5QG/

I think you need a timer inhibit capability and a way to tell the pump to pump now (electrical signal). I.e. the timer should not advance unless the slides are moving, and as Ross says, the pump should not pump except when told to if the machine is under program control, so timer could be inhibited in that case also. It also needs to pump when told to do so my pressing the lube button on the control, or when the control tells it to. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to design the system for a non-CNC machine, since the CNC solution would work for both.

I think you need a timer inhibit capability and a way to tell the pump to pump now (electrical signal). I.e. the timer should not advance unless the slides are moving, and as Ross says, the pump should not pump except when told to if the machine is under program control, so timer could be inhibited in that case also. It also needs to pump when told to do so my pressing the lube button on the control, or when the control tells it to. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to design the system for a non-CNC machine, since the CNC solution would work for both.
Like I said This is a standalone unit on a conventional machine Just power comming in to the Vogel unit
No way it can know if powerfeed is engaged or not
To me it is a timer to start the pump for the time between cycles A pressure switch to stop the pump
and then those 2 alarms and manual pushbutton like in my previous post
It is not a CNC
The same unit as on the active FP1-2 and 3

Peter

Typical NE555 task, with SCR on output.
Should be possible for like $20 on breadboard. lots of reference circuits out there, where you only calculate and put the right components into:

If you don't like building yourself, post a pic of the controller, maybe I can try fix it, for a little cash?
Thanks
In the new year I post some pictures of the inside of the IG38 controler
Outside you can see here https://ersatzteilcenter.net/IG38-Zentralschmierung-Steuergeraet-230V

Peter

Looks like they use some kind of line cycle counter/zero detector of rectified 100Hz.
100Hz divide by 6000 (60sek*100Hz) to get 1min pulse, then binary counter, where you select the output from, with the switch on the front.

Dunno if this helps in any way, seems to show a variety of timer functions, with 2 lights being abnormal if reading that right.

Attachments

• img116.jpg
    img116.jpg
    920.8 KB · Views: 16
I ended up making a few controllers with arduino
It starts pumping as soon as it is energized
It stops when the pressureswitch gets engaged
Then the set time starts and after that it starts pumping again
Max is 256 min
It has a option for a low oil level alarm And a manual/reset button
There are 3 alarms
If pressure is reached within 3sec it means the system is plugged Red lights starts blinking fast
If pressure is not reached within 2 min means system is leaking os pressureswitch is at fault Red light starts blinking slowly
If oil is low alarm is on constantly

Peter

vogels900jpg.jpg

Back