What's new
What's new

VR11 purchase seeking input.

Thise ares are sold with a 15kw spindle. The haas has more power and is a dual supported system that they designed. The ares is a big router with a single side supported head. Probably handle all kinds of light cuts in anything. But the Haas would have more power, more rigidity and faster repair if needed. I have experience with Hsd heads on DMS and some HSD heads on other machines. Depending on the practicality it would work fine in aluminum.

Thanks for the information from yall. I was told today after a month of sitting on it we won't be getting the machine for numerous reasons.

I'll probably push for it again after the election.

Thise ares are sold with a 15kw spindle. The haas has more power and is a dual supported system that they designed. The ares is a big router with a single side supported head. Probably handle all kinds of light cuts in anything. But the Haas would have more power, more rigidity and faster repair if needed. I have experience with Hsd heads on DMS and some HSD heads on other machines. Depending on the practicality it would work fine in aluminum.
you're smoking some good shit calling haas rigid, lmao.

i think you're gonna struggle.
I watched the demo video:
Takes a cut with the axes locked "Look how good this is!"
Takes a cut with the axes unlocked and measures "Oh, just make sure to take a spring pass!"

I'm suspicious that they didn't do any measuring after the test cut with the axes locked...
You can see the tool (or maybe its the Haas vise?) deflecting when it enters and exits the material

I wouldn't call the CMS a substantial improvement over the Haas either, but I suppose if its at a similar price point..
I remember it was VERY easy to spot the parts that it cut when a train was rolling through town.

Back