What's new
What's new

Walmart moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS! if EG actually went to a conceal carry class, he'd have a pretty different perspective i think, but he just likes yapping so whatever...

THE NUMBER ONE thing every single CCW class teaches you, is that this is the LAST resort one should ever consider using. you will NEVER be able to 100% control every single person in the country, crazies are abound. i'd rather have a TINY chance of self defense than 0.

Orange County Sheriff administers CCW here, and 97% of applicants get approved.

The perspective would be

They pretty much give a CCW to any warm body who can put a fog onto a mirror.

I bet a CCW classes in the OC would be full of the complete range of citizens, from the cream of the crop (like me) to the bottom feeding Walmart Fadal running (me) meth addicted (not me) toothless whores from the local trailer park. Maybe not the toothless whores.

In that 97% there's going to be plenty of crazies who should never own a gun. Be near a gun.

$400 for a pistola, $3-600 for the CCW, and you could be Rambo.

why wish you never started?
It just gets in the way, and is annoying to have a big chunk of shit hanging off the side of your body all the time.
And with all that, knowing you'll probably never need it, but could have some idiot cop pull bull shit at a traffic stop and
you wind up dead or in court, with a he said I said BS.
It's just not worth it, at all!
At the most I would get a hidden truck gun, and a bed side gun that goes in a safe when you leave the house.
CCW was a bad idea for me, IMHO.

Last edited:
It just gets in the way, and is annoying to have a big chunk of shit hanging off the side of your body all the time.
And with all that, knowing you'll probably never need it, but could have some idiot cop pull bull shit at a traffic stop and
you wind up dead on in court, with a he said I said BS.
It's just not worth it, at all!
At the most I would get a hidden truck gun, and a bed side gun that goes in a safe when you leave the house.
CCW was a bad idea for me, IMHO.
fair enough

Without going into too much detail I have been carrying for more than 40 years. Strictly from a tactical perspective, it's silly to show your hand by openly carrying your weapon. Now, I understand in some states that's the only way you are permitted to do so but not here in the northeast. Aside from the concern of people making false accusations against you, the element of surprise is in your favor when it comes to carrying a firearm.

Another consideration is people dragging you into a situation because they see you are armed when it does not warrant intervention on your part and certainly not with a firearm.

This is my perspective based on my experiences over four decades.

Cheers

$400 for a pistola, $3-600 for the CCW, and you could be Rambo.
I'm in Utah, you don't need anything here.
Just be 18 and a pulse.
You don't need a CCW license anymore, not even a class.

CCW classes are a joke anyway, $20 and 30 minutes, your out the door with MINIMAL knowledge.

I purposely went to a $180 CCW that has a lifetime retake offered.

It is a full day 10 hour class, with movies, real life scenarios, actual laws and how their interpreted.....

taught by an ex-military firearm instructor for the police department.
the classes are held at a closed to the public range, for police only.

and doesn't even involve any shooting, at the end of the class there is a range where people can be taught how to hold a firearm correctly, but that subject is too large and is not a part of the class.

even though you don't need a CCW here anymore to carry concealed, I recommend people pay the $180 and take the class, worth it to be properly edjumacated.

Michigan has legal open carry., but seems like to do that some Karen in Walmart would get in your face to start a fight over your doing that.

If some bad guy killer gets the drop on you, and might kill you over the 20 bucks you have in your wallet..you should remember to say Darn.
Agree , if someone has the drop on you the gun on your belt or in your packet likely won't do you much good.
$20 bucks?....
Here in Wisconsin not too long ago it was a possibility of death by skateboard.
'Ya just never know what evil will cross your path.

In my experience with the police it would be more dangerous on the police range than the two way ranges that I worked on.
The classes are held in a classroom, only about 30 minutes at the end was on the range, and it's closed for the class only at that time.

Reactions: ???
. When at home or work we have a handgun and mini 14 within 10-12 steps at all times, when I leave the hills for the city (120 miles north) I pack a .357 in my pocket or a 9mm on my belt, she has a .357 in her purse. So far I've only used them to dispatch a few damaged critters we have run across on the highway, 6 mountain lions with the mini's for killing livestock. My point is in normal hands they are tools no more complicated or dangerous than the ones I make my living with but I would sure hate to own 20 guns and sit down for lunch when some guy walks in and starts shooting, and not have one. I have little training but have done plenty of shooting, I hit what I shoot at though there are few who would call me stable, I am goofy as a pet coon.

In these parts your more likely cross paths with a cranky bear, lion, elk, moose, big horn sheep than people of any color. I would rather have my .44mag on my belt than the .357 that fits in my pocket, and yes sometimes it is on my belt when I get to or pass through town.

That there's some IdahoAAA+, ex-California, triple A rated, Tucker Carlson approved,Newsom dissaproved, :D gold plated, turbo-supercharged, highly polished and triple chrome plated batshit crazy going on there!!

Are we on the same planet. Being 10-12 steps from a firearm at all times, where does that make sense? what happened to you that would make this seem reasonable to you? Now if you had been the victim of a home invasion robbery, I could understand. But you've never mentioned that.

Tell you what I don't want to be in the car of teenagers who accidently either drives up your drive, or enter and then turn around.

---------------------------------

I have a friend like that. We had to do a welfare check because he wasn't answering his phone, and we hadn't seen him for 3 days. We went over to his house, his son was there, he was shouting to try and get his fathers attention from the street. He told us there was zero chance he was going to knock on the door, or go in because that would be the last thing he would ever do on this earth. We had to throw a few rocks at the screen door to make sufficient noise.

He eventually came to the door and let us in. There was a shotgun by the front door, by the back door, in the kitchen. So being cautious was required. Now he lives in Riverside, so being prepared was maybe not a bad idea.

Are we on the same planet. Being 10-12 steps from a firearm at all times, where does that make sense? what happened to you that would make this seem reasonable to you? Now if you had been the victim of a home invasion robbery, I could understand. But you've never mentioned that.
With respect, that makes no sense at all. I'd say that if you'd been the victim of a home invasion, the chances of it happening again are near zero(unless you're into some shady business).

It's those of us who HAVEN'T been victims of a home invasion, who are more likely to need to defend against one...LOL

That there's some IdahoAAA+, ex-California, triple A rated, Tucker Carlson approved,Newsom dissaproved, :D gold plated, turbo-supercharged, highly polished and triple chrome plated batshit crazy going on there!!

Tell you what I don't want to be in the car of teenagers who accidently either drives up your drive, or enter and then turn around.

---------------------------------

I have a friend like that. We had to do a welfare check because he wasn't answering his phone, and we hadn't seen him for 3 days. We went over to his house, his son was there, he was shouting to try and get his fathers attention from the street. He told us there was zero chance he was going to knock on the door, or go in because that would be the last thing he would ever do on this earth. We had to throw a few rocks at the screen door to make sufficient noise.

He eventually came to the door and let us in. There was a shotgun by the front door, by the back door, in the kitchen. So being cautious was required. Now he lives in Riverside, so being prepared was maybe not a bad idea.
Bears, mountain lions, wolves, even elk and moose are a potential threat to our pets and livestock, not teenagers. Ever see your critters ripped up by some lions learning to kill? What do you do when a bear decides the chest freezer is a good place to go shopping? Hope he doesn't decide to come in the kitchen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back