What's new
What's new

Walter dividing head - SHU 4

fastrider

Plastic
Hi
I have been looking this Walter dividing head SHU 4 but sadly doesn't have the carrying plate for a chuck. Is here someone that has this dividing head and would help me by measuring that tapered plate for the chuck. I would like to know before I buy it if it's possible to easily build this replacement part... Thank you
delilnik-slika-989172.jpg

This is what's missing
IMG_20200518_130833.jpg
WALTER - 3-jaw chuck f. dividing unit EST 4 O 160

If that's a standard SK40 taper (I think 7:24) then it might be possible to purchase an SK40 backing plate and easily adapt it to the dividing head.

I think this is not a sk40 taper...looks more like a shortened Morse, but I'm afraid that it's unique because the price tag is enormous 😲

Hi Fastrider,

some years ago I had a dividing head "Walter VTHU-4".
Before I sold it, I made a drawing of the flange.

Rename the file
from "TK-Futterflansch.png.zip"
to "TK-Futterflansch.png"

The other tool is nothing special: it's a inner hex wrench.

Cheers,
Karl

P.S.: Measures in the drawing are in mm

Attachments

• TK-Futterflansch.png.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 96
I bought one several years ago and still haven't had it all the way apart yet (no need). It came set up for Index B42 collets, but I haven't tried popping out the collet taper sleeve. Presumably the external taper on that sleeve is the same as what you're looking for. I will spend a bit of time this weekend with a plastic hammer and see if I can get it out.

I’m reasonably sure this is from a Walter dividing head and could be readily adapted. The largest part of the taper is 45.90 mm. Plate diameter is 120mm.
I can add another picture if that would help. And yes, I’m willing to sell it, I am however in the US.

b00a775b23fac4271116fe55b06b0863.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m reasonably sure this is from a Walter dividing head and could be readily adapted. The largest part of the taper is 45.90 mm. Plate diameter is 120mm.
I can add another picture if that would help. And yes, I’m willing to sell it, I am however in the US.

b00a775b23fac4271116fe55b06b0863.jpg

I may be interested in this if the op passes, do have a picture of the front, and how much?

Kevin

I may be interested in this if the op passes, do have a picture of the front, and how much?

Kevin

99073edb7ecf1d6fa43d275868354930.jpg

It’s sort of co-owned and I think I’ll have to put it on eBay either way. I’ll give it some thought.

Hi Stradbash
You are a bit far for me, and I need at least 160mm diameter because I have a 160 chuck. Thanks anyway will try to reproduce one for myself with the help of CharlyDE's drawing. Will you suggest to make it out of cast iron...I somehow don't like to work with it because it makes such a mess ;)

Do we have anybody that owns this dividing head...today I finally got it and have some problems...as far as I noticed it doesn't have quick indexing...also it's awkward that you need to hold the second lever while you try to rotate stiff indexing disk

Hi...Just to let you know I managed to make a backplate for my Walter dividing head. It was not as easy as when you can attach the backplate and finish it on the lathe where it will be well precise. I managed it to get a 0.04mm of run out on the outer side of 160mm chuck. It could be better, but it is what it is. Big thanks to CharlyDE for providing me measurements for the backplate :)

IMG_20200717_172522_723.jpg
IMG_20200717_215459_220.jpg

Have made chuck adapters for my Deckel dividing head.
There i left the face and OD somewhat oversize and finished it on the mill by rotating the adapter as mounted on the dividing head and
cutting the surfaces using an end mill in the mill spindle....Cut in the step that locates the chuck the same way
Face was finished using a fly cutter.....pretty much zero runout....
Cheers Ross

I was thinking about to finish it on the mill, but still don't have all the tools for and still getting the feel of it what's capable of, so I skipped that process. It will also be difficult to flycut the surface as the pin is already compressed and glued with locktite.... Will leave it as it is at the moment and do some modifications later if needed...Thanks for advice :cheers:

Hallo Fastrider,

Vor einigen Jahren hatte ich einen Trennkopf "Walter VTHU-4".
Bevor ich es verkaufte, machte ich eine Zeichnung des Flansches.

Umbenennen der Datei
aus "TK-Futterflansch.png.zip"
zu "TK-Futterflansch.png"

Das andere Werkzeug ist nichts Besonderes: Es ist ein Innensechskantschlüssel.

Prost
Karl

P.S.: Maße in der Zeichnung sind in mm
Hallo
Funktioniert diese ZIP-Datei noch?

Hallo Fastrider,

Vor einigen Jahren hatte ich einen Trennkopf "Walter VTHU-4".
Bevor ich es verkaufte, machte ich eine Zeichnung des Flansches.

Umbenennen der Datei
aus "TK-Futterflansch.png.zip"
zu "TK-Futterflansch.png"

Das andere Werkzeug ist nichts Besonderes: Es ist ein Innensechskantschlüssel.

Prost
Karl

P.S.: Maße in der Zeichnung sind in mm
Wenn ich herunterlade, heißt es
Datei ist ungültig

After download just remove the ending ".zip" of the filename. Then the name of the file will be "TK-Futterflansch.png" and viewable.

Entferne nach dem Herunterladen die Dateinamensendung ".zip". Danach heißt die Datei "TK-Futterflansch.png" und ist anzeigbar.

After download just remove the ending ".zip" of the filename. Then the name of the file will be "TK-Futterflansch.png" and viewable.

Entferne nach dem Herunterladen die Dateinamensendung ".zip". Danach heißt die Datei "TK-Futterflansch.png" und ist anzeigbar.
Danke. Läuft

Back