What's new
What's new

Want to Sell Antique Machine

psuwanto

Plastic
Do you know anybody or any museum that wants to buy antique machine? I have an antique machine to generate electric power. So big and huge...used to generate power in a rubber or latex factory...very--very old...maybe year 1500...the brand is National. Still working.

Thank you very much.

psuwanto,
May want to try the Rough & Tumble museum in Kinzers,Pa.They have a web site www.roughandtumble.org. They may or may not be interested or be able to recomend some alternitives.

[This message has been edited by burnlast (edited 07-06-2002).]

[This message has been edited by burnlast (edited 07-06-2002).]

Seeing as how the very concept of electricity was just begining to be understood about 1600, and the first battery invented in 1800, a generator built in 1500 would be about as likely as pigs flying over snow covered Hades
smile.gif

Sound like a "Da Vinci" marketed under the National brand. I thought he was just an ideas and sketches guy, but this may be one of his actual prototypes? Very valuable.

OK, maybe I'm being cinical here, but the year sounds awfully suspicious. Reminds me of an estate sale I went to once, I was purrchasing some old engine related stuff when I asked the woman in charge if they happened to have any flywheel engines. She took me out to a shed and showed me a 2hp Witte engine, I already had one so I knew the year to be around 1920-1930, but I played dumb. She went on saying that the engine had belonged to her mother who had just died and her siblings and her were going to sell it but wanted to have it appraised first. I was just about to open my mouth and give her an appoximate value when she added" My great grandfather brought the engine over from France when he moved here, that was around 1820, so I know that the engine has considerable value." At that, I paid her what I owed her for the oiler and walked away with a big ole grin on my face.

Paul

P.S. Got back from the Greenfield village on Sunday night,I need to plan a whole week's vacation around that place!!!

Back