What's new
What's new

Wanted FP1 Slotting Head

JonasMandrin

Plastic
I am looking to buy a slotting head for a Deckel FP1. Does anyone know where I might be able to find one of these? Thanks.

OP, you lost out...but I wanted to thank you for asking, as rimcanyon probably wouldn't have posted without you doing so.🙏

Dave was a nice guy, like most of the people I have met from PM.

What a nice shop! Dave lives in one of the nicest areas of California. Right now is classic Cali...rolling hills covered with plush green with sprawling oaks...

Deckel owners have some of the nicest shops, IMO.

Dave’s example was not pretty, but short of cosmetics, hard to imagine anything much going wrong with a slotting head.
Very simple device, that and my belief is that these accessories get little if any use.
That price was good enough that even an owner with a “2” or “3” could easily consider that purchase with changing the driven gear to make it functional.

Cheers Ross

Dave’s example was not pretty, but short of cosmetics, hard to imagine anything much going wrong with a slotting head.
Very simple device, that and my belief is that these accessories get little if any use.
That price was good enough that even an owner with a “2” or “3” could easily consider that purchase with changing the driven gear to make it functional.

Cheers Ross
He had your FP2 in pieces, and had given me a set of collets in 1/8ths up to 1", but I thought they were SK40 at Dave's shop, which they did end up being...turns out Dave thought I had SK40, but I don't think the slotting head would fit in an SK40 FP1, but not positive. Anyway, I sent them back to Dave as they will definitely be useful to someone. All the common end mill sizes were there, 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4, 7/8" and 1". They were the Chinesium knock offs, but I find them fine with the few MK4s I have. The slotting head has slight damage on one dovetail, but it can be scraped. I plan to hand scrape it. I always thought I would upgrade to an FP2, a stellar and much preferred upgrade for Deckelites, but it's not gonna happen...I will clean up and use the lever FP1 for the long term. I thought he had Rich's FP2NC there, he said he bought the one Rich had, but Dave said it was a different one.

Back