What's new
What's new

Wanted, Grizzly G1001 Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDTowing

Plastic
I am looking for a Used tail stock and also a Manual feed rack for this Grizzly G1001 I recently purchased. If anyone has one or knows a resource where I could find it I would greatly appreciate it. TIA Jayson. Email is good in my info

One can often fudge up a tail stock, using one a little smaller and making a riser that fits from it to the bed way.. one made out of Hardwood may be adequate....
And painted nobody would know it is wood.

and if you ever find the right one you can sell the fudged-up one.

One might be able to put an end mill cutter in the lathe spindle and use the cross feed to mill the riser to size and shape..

Last edited:
I assume you've tried Grizzly? You can download parts lists for their machines and even if they no longer list that machine there will certainly be a newer model that's probably made from the same casting. Their support number may even be able to give you some help with measuring parts they have in stock.

I assume you've tried Grizzly? You can download parts lists for their machines and even if they no longer list that machine there will certainly be a newer model that's probably made from the same casting. Their support number may even be able to give you some help with measuring parts they have in stock.
I did talk to their Support team and was recommended to this site by them. Typical larger company really do not want to help. lol

This should probably be said in a whisper, but I've bought stuff from them that wasn't even for one of their lathes. Different badge but pretty similar specs so I got the metric change gears from Grizzly. Yeah, I have one or two spares that aren't the right gears, but they actually took one or two back in exchange for others. You may just need to work the system harder since you clearly got one employee who didn't really care. Get the specs for your machine and look at the specs for machines they list now. You can probably even get some parts for machines they no longer sell but still have stock for. Alternatively, try the same strategy with other sellers of Chinese lathes. If yours is a little older it may well have been a Taiwan machine and they still make them there.

Isn't Grizzly just a rebranded item made who knows where in China? Wouldn't that make getting parts problematic? Probably better to just take measurements and find something on E-bay and make it fit.

I actually searched for Grizzly to see if anyone brought up that email and here I am. Not that I really care, but I guess that means the bans lifted?

I think not. This is from Monday.

I think not. This is from Monday.

That thread was not about Grizzly, it was about a "Central Machinery" branded lathe from Harbor Freight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back