What's new
What's new

Wanted Steel Angle

adh2000

Titanium
Looking for fabricated steel angle. 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 1/8. Not hot rolled but bent from low carbon steel. The radius is important and needs to be 1/4 on the outside so 1/8 on the inside. 7 ft long, 12 pieces. Seems like it might be a commercially available product but haven’t found it yet. Alternatively does someone out there have a press brake and dies to make this?

If you don't find someone closer try this company. Central Wisconsin

I work here part time in the machine shop. They have a couple large press brakes and a shear (could also be laser cut) in the fab shop and do small lots. What I don't know if they have the dies for those radii.
1/8 thick is easy but the tolerance maybe not. That is a really sharp bend in steel.

Dave

If you don't find someone closer try this company. Central Wisconsin

I work here part time in the machine shop. They have a couple large press brakes and a shear (could also be laser cut) in the fab shop and do small lots. What I don't know if they have the dies for those radii.
1/8 thick is easy but the tolerance maybe not. That is a really sharp bend in steel.

Dave

This is more of a small, precision press brake kind of job. It's not a difficult job at all with a 75 or 100 ton 8ft brake and the correct punch and die.

Do post the results; I'll be interested in those offering services. The spec's aren't as narrow, acute with an uneven leg length is beneficial, even HRPO, if cut lengthwise. But they could run as a single order, altering depth once either is complete. It would be not less than ~250'.

Looking for fabricated steel angle. 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 1/8. Not hot rolled but bent from low carbon steel. The radius is important and needs to be 1/4 on the outside so 1/8 on the inside. 7 ft long, 12 pieces. Seems like it might be a commercially available product but haven’t found it yet. Alternatively does someone out there have a press brake and dies to make this?
How important is the radius?
+/- .001" important or +/-.015" important?
You should be able to get the latter with air bending, the former will require coining dies of the appropriate size and someone will not go and buy a set for a 12 off run unless you cough up the money for them. You would have to find a shop who've already invested in that size and then it would be a POP.

Back