What's new
What's new

Wanted ! ! !

Thanvg:
Guess it depends on your perspective......
There is this thing about "feel"
Think largely its a mechanical myth.....or at best overrated by those with little machine time.
Lots of very fine parts ,small or other, are made daily via CNC with absolutely no feel involved, and yet the parts come out perfect...
Its a matter of getting,IMHO to the real science of machine work....
The Cutter is governed by physics...RPM, SFPM and feed rate....I work using the dials and calculated speeds and feeds for a given job..use my hearing to let me know how the cut is being executed, that and the look of the chips etc...not too much "feel " there.

Would easily trade any FP1 for a good FP2 for any class of work...It is just a better machine (apologies to the FP1 guys). and to quote an old saying: you can make small parts on a big machine (its relative) but its hard to make big parts on a small machine...

Not trying to start an argument here, but i really don't get the preoccupation with smaller...If you hve the room, go bigger...(to a point)
Cheers Ross
Hey Ross,

I was an FP1 guy and (after your recommendation as well) upgraded to FP2 and never looked back (and, as you know, didn't stop there :) )
Yet, I do remember the light feel of X and Z on my FP1 copy and the ease getting close to the work if needed. Indeed helpful properties for miniature work.
So, all I am saying is that I think there is a market for the FP1, depending on the work one is doing.
Certainly not for my 'generic hobbyist' needs...

BR,
Thanos

I recently obtained an FP1 (both levers for spindle speed and feed mechanism), with a missing feed selector mechanism. Hence, I'm looking for drawings (including dimensions), for this mechanism or a donor FP1 in West-Europe (Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, ...).

I recently obtained an FP1 (both levers for spindle speed and feed mechanism), with a missing feed selector mechanism. Hence, I'm looking for drawings (including dimensions), for this mechanism or a donor FP1 in West-Europe (Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, ...).
Send a photo via email to Franz Singer Werkzeugmaschinen GmbH and ask Franz if he has used parts. Include the serial number of the machine.

Last edited:
Hi Kevin,
Thank you for confirming that I am on the correct patch. I messaged them yesterday and received a quote on shipping of $1K to an east coast port. I'm looking at importing fees and confirming there is no VAT to Holland.Now I am trying to work out the cost of importing it to the US.

Thanks,
Mark

Hello Mark
You do not have to pay for VAT That is only applicable when I sell to a private person in a country within the EU and a business here in holland
I cannot tell if there is a USA equivalent you have to pay as nobody tells me what happens after I shipped the goods :D
And then ISF filing and some import taxes. 2% I guess

DDU delivery is also possible Then it includes inland transport

Peter

Peter I didn't realize that you are the with Veltmans. I had ask you about a FP1 and shipping quote, you mention $1K to an east coast port. But mentioned about DDU, how much additionally would I be looking at for the addition service. My zip code is 80516.

Thank you,
Mark

Peter I didn't realize that you are the with Veltmans. I had ask you about a FP1 and shipping quote, you mention $1K to an east coast port. But mentioned about DDU, how much additionally would I be looking at for the addition service. My zip code is 80516.

Thank you,
Mark
Hello Mark
You better e-mail me your full name and address Also if it is a residential address or commercial And if you need tailgateservice
I can get you a quote then

Peter

Looking for high speed head arm. Just the arm, for a FP2. Can be very grotty but casting needs to be intact.

Hello
I'm from Greece and I have a Aciera f4 round body milling machine . On this machine I am doing a restoration and I found that some time the spindle lock pin broke with the result that it fell and wedged in a point that caused damage to a part, I am looking to find the part number 14 in the drawing Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (2).png

Attachments

• 289877479_1227584414666564_1925082692805804958_n.jpg
    289877479_1227584414666564_1925082692805804958_n.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 289839012_1682820435384253_4657241669603119417_n.jpg
    289839012_1682820435384253_4657241669603119417_n.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 27
I am looking to find the part number 14 in the drawing
If you can not find a replacement part, I would fix this one. It looks like cast iron, and it is small enough that you can slowly heat the entire part to temperature, braze it, and then cool it very slowly after brazing. Braze the crack and braze a soft steel screw into the damaged screw hole. Then remachine the ID which seats the bearing and drill and thread a new screw hole. If needed to support the bearing properly, increase the internal diameter a bit and add a sleeve inside.

Last edited:
Brazing/welding cast iron is a gamble
Sometimes it works Sometimes it does not
But if you have to remachine the whole thing anyway I would make a new one Even I would be able to pull it off
Have a blank waterjetted out of steel The outside to size(If it is not functional anyway) The holes a bit smaller Cast iron will do also if you can find it

peter

HI looking for parts for a Thiel 159,

slotting head (attachment 4),Boring and Milling head (attachment 5), and Automatic Boring and Milling head (attachment 7) or parts to make the one I have work, as some one has removed all the main gears/shafts aparts from the basic running gears/shafts to turn the head

I have some parts of a Thiel 158 to trade/swap, front table (Std), some tooling/holders

regards mike
Hi Mike, do you still have any of the thiel 158 tooling/holders?trade or buy, -Dan

Hi Mike, do you still have any of the thiel 158 tooling/holders?trade or buy, -Dan
HI Top-Charb, what are you looking for, as I have just aquired the 158 that the parts I have came off,(from North Yorkshire??) I will be checking on a damaged 158 that I know about and had tooling to see if it has been repaired or if it could be aquired with the tooling.

regards mike

Back