What's new
What's new

Ward No7 - Information (Oil Capacity)

Kiwi-Turret

Plastic
Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone has or knows the oil capacity on these machines, It ran out of oil due to sitting around for awhile and i need to test it in a few days as its only machine with 3 phase i have available at the moment.

I asked an old engineer awhile back who has one that ive been trying to get the money to buy it for all the parts/tooling as its basically scrap (he has a mid size lathe that might work better for my shop that he hinted i could have as a combo deal) but he doesn't remember. (if i am his age and still getting around i will be happy).

Thanks in advanced

Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone has or knows the oil capacity on these machines, It ran out of oil due to sitting around for awhile and i need to test it in a few days as its only machine with 3 phase i have available at the moment.

I asked an old engineer awhile back who has one that ive been trying to get the money to buy it for all the parts/tooling as its basically scrap (he has a mid size lathe that might work better for my shop that he hinted i could have as a combo deal) but he doesn't remember. (if i am his age and still getting around i will be happy).

Thanks in advanced
What gearbox are you referring to ? If it’s the headstock there should be a sight glass on the front face of the headstock casting. Half way up the sight glass.
Regards Tyrone.

What gearbox are you referring to ? If it’s the headstock there should be a sight glass on the front face of the headstock casting. Half way up the sight glass.
Regards Tyrone.
Thanks Tyrone :)
Information is appreciated, Mine has a sightglass on the rear of the head stock i figure that is the fill point.
Finding Oil locally on a Friday will be the next issue without going out of town.

Looking foward to having this running again as its been sitting around for awhile.
Def have to post some pictures once its cleaned up (will admit one change i should of made is steel bed covers not stainless as i now need an extension of my dial guage haha.

Thanks again
Kym :)

Back