What's new
What's new

Waterjet SUPER-WATER: has anyone used this product, or even heard of it?

7challen7

Plastic
I happened upon these articles about SUPER-WATER while doing research on potential cost-cutting strategies for the waterjet. The product is an additive that gets integrated into the waterjet system as a water-in-oil emulsion, and reportedly it drastically increases efficiency, decreases the spread of the jet, and increases the cutting power, lowering cost all around. The articles can explain it better.

Here and here.

Super-WaterJet_small.jpg

The numbers in these articles make this product sound like an actual miracle.

However, the last real mentions of this product I found are over a decade old, and the website for Berkeley Chemical, which also looks like it hasn't been updated since 2001, is less than reassuring.

I would think that if SUPER-WATER is even half as effective as it's described to be, then should it be more widely used/discussed. If SUPER-WATER is even remotely viable as a cost cutting method, I would think that FLOW or some other waterjet company would offer it as some sort of premium upgrade as a part of it's machines. What is the deal here? Why is this product so mysterious?

:wall: ... I'm saying this product seems fake, but I want to know if anyone has used it, so if it's legit I can buy it ... how is this spam

:wall: ... I'm saying this product seems fake, but I want to know if anyone has used it, so if it's legit I can buy it ... how is this spam

Because some members look at what you post, not so much the words, rather the actions.

No direct experience with the product, but it was likely made superfluous by improvements in pump/intensifier design and materials. They don't wear out as fast as they used to, so marginal improvements in life aren't as enticing.

And, it may have made it more difficult to dump the old water in the tank.

I've been working with waterjets since 2007 and even by then Super Water had, to use Tolkien's description, passed from story to legend and thence to myth. Milland may well be right, but it's also quite possible it was snake oil all along, or it's also possible some 2nd tier school academics or independent inventor types were pursuing this niche because that's what such people do so you end up with the archaeological evidence we have today.

Back