What's new
What's new

WEBB (WACHEON) 15 3/4" x 40" Lathe ASKING $5300 - OBO - So. Cal

CrimsnTide

Plastic
I'm hoping it's OK to post up a link to my Craigslist ad also. It MAY have more / better pics.
As the title reads. Selling a 15 3/4" x 40" in Webb Lathe. (See pic of tag).
I purchased awhile ago and NEVER got around to setting it up.
Now I find myself moving to Tenn here shortly and will not take this across country.
It was running when I purchased it from a small garage type shop.
I started cleaning it and was doing alright, but other projects got in the way.

Take a look. If you have ANY questions - ask away. I'm not sure if I can answer, but I will try.
I've also got a 25HP North America RPC I'm getting rid of. ASKING $1200 - or CONSIDERING offers.
And a Baldor #500 grinder (Homemade pedestal) ASKING $400 - Again, CONSIDERING offers.
Need all 3? Package deal offers get first priority.

My phone number is in Craigslist ad if you care to text.

Webb Lathe: Webb / Whacheon 15 3/4 x 40 Lathe - general for sale - by owner
RPC: 25 HP North American RPC (Rotary Phase Coverter) Model PL-25 -...
Baldor Grinder: Baldor - 500 Dual Grinder - general for sale - by owner

Attachments

• IMG_0962.jpg
    IMG_0962.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0964.jpg
    IMG_0964.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_8680.jpg
    IMG_8680.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0970.jpg
    IMG_0970.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_0976.jpg
    IMG_0976.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Whacheon makes very nice lathes , surprised this is still around . It’s worth what you are asking, but might have to go sub $4k to attract a home guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I purchased it for just that reason - and that it didn't come out of a production shop (At least where I purchased it.)
It's a nice machine. I do believe it's the heaviest thing I've ever moved. (H.S. girlfriend comes in second)
For the right price and a little help - I will HELP deliver (Within reason). I am in Anaheim, but work in the SouthBay.
Not many "serious" offers, but then again, I'm not flashy on the ads....

Thanks again

I have mentioned this in a different post a while back, but that Webb/Whacheon is a copy of a LeBlond Regal. Based on the quality of my Wacheon which is a Korean Copy of the Mori Seki, it's probably heavier built than the actual LeBlond Regal but that is pure speculation on my part. However, the fact that it looks like a Regal, might be the reason for little interest?

Good luck with your sale!

Joe

jbacc - Thanks for the reply. Although no serious LOCAL offers, I cannot deliver this half way across the country. And for the ridiculous offers I have received, I would just keep it, rent a trailer and take with me to Tennessee. I will have to get my act together and maybe hook it up, take a video of it running. Honestly, seeing it run was the reason I bought it. I realize it is a KOREAN lathe made by Wacheon and I am willing to negotiate - but not willing to "give' it away. It's still a decent piece of machinery. Hopefully, when I go to sale my Rockwell mill, I'll have more legitimate interests.

jbacc - Thanks for the reply. Although no serious LOCAL offers, I cannot deliver this half way across the country. And for the ridiculous offers I have received, I would just keep it, rent a trailer and take with me to Tennessee. I will have to get my act together and maybe hook it up, take a video of it running. Honestly, seeing it run was the reason I bought it. I realize it is a KOREAN lathe made by Wacheon and I am willing to negotiate - but not willing to "give' it away. It's still a decent piece of machinery. Hopefully, when I go to sale my Rockwell mill, I'll have more legitimate interests.

As the owner of a 15" LeBlond Regal as well as a 17" Whacheon lathe, I am not saying there might be little interest because it is Korean made, it's the opposite, it might be because it looks like a Regal which does not have the greatest reputation. Although, I find my LeBlond to be a pretty well made machine that serves me well.

As far as low ball offers, I'm with you, I'd rather keep an item than entertain some of the ridiculous offers I have received when selling things. Good luck.

Joe

MichiganBuck - Well, truth be told - I honestly don't know. I actually bought the PARTS LIST from Whacheon USA Inc (In Long Beach, CA). Kind of goofy as I paid the price for what looks to be a reprint of a reprint, but I guess thats normal for these lathes. One reason I did take a pic of the tag. Anyway, the model numbers were not clear. It's been awhile since I have messed with it and I will have to verify, but I even forget the through hole size... (I know it's larger at maybe 2 1/16th??? If questions are asked, I will try and answer the best I can - and even with a pic.
As mentioned, I do have the parts list that I bought for it, but in all honestly - I think it had TWO model numbers listed. (Need to verify.)

When are they going to fix the software here so people don't post pictures out of orientation.
As for renting a trailer, one way trailer rentals can be pricey and dragging one 2,000 miles can be murder on gas mileage. Something to think about, good luck on your sale. Why not try listing it on E-bay? That is what I used to lighten the load when I moved and down sized.

Sorry about the pics - I tried rotating, but became frustrated. One reason I put the craigslist link....

We just purchased a place near Johnson City, TN. My (our?) transition plan (before retiring) will be 4 years knowing a couple of trips are in order. Drove out over the holidays when the gas prices were rising and found it was $pendy. It was NOT a cost effective trip, but looking back, I think I enjoyed the drive better than flying.We had the time and truck ran great.

I still have tool boxes, Vidmars, and other "heavy" items I am anticipating moving. Trying to strategically calculate how to CHEAPLY do a heavy load. I've only got a single rear axle diesel, but contemplating on setting up gooseneck for a single run - maybe "leasing a trailer" for a month... I've got more time than money....

E-Bay thing is still a consideration. I didn't want time to be an issue for buyer. If it were me, I know I'd have a lot of questions and maybe even want to see it run....I do use ebay, but for the "easy" stuff. Something like this, I'd like a buyer to be absolutely sure what he's buying - and if I can help with that - even better.

Problem is the price of the new import crap that looks kind of like it
And it’s on the lager size of the garage hobby shop range.

Just the way things are

Me I would just take it with

Good used machines don’t grow on trees in the south
And well that isn’t really even a hard to move machine
That is an easy load on not a too large trailer no need for goose neck
Still plenty room left in the pick up bed for other stuff

Problem is the price of the new import crap that looks kind of like it
And it’s on the lager size of the garage hobby shop range.

Just the way things are

Me I would just take it with

Good used machines don’t grow on trees in the south
And well that isn’t really even a hard to move machine
That is an easy load on not a too large trailer no need for goose neck
Still plenty room left in the pick up bed for other stuff

This…. If you need a lathe, what are you going to get for $4-5k that’s better? Just suck up the transport or shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lathe 5.jpg

I have almost the same lathe in the bay area I'd like to sell.

My dad bought new in 1991. Had maybe 4 years of production on it and has sat mostly idle. Coolant pump not working.

Took it outside in December and is currently under a tent. Not eager to give it away either.

Any chance you still have that parts list and or a manual for that lathe you would be willing to Share? I recently picked up its twin and would love some literature on it.

I know metal-ica sold his to a friend this summer, for right around the OP's asking price. OP might still have his, as he indicated that his moving process would be lengthy.
Hi BP
Thanks for the helpful hint, it was only two threads above my question (dolt!). You can probably tell that I'm not very good at forums, threads, and the like...lol.
I wanted to thank you first before I reach out to metal-ica.

I'm hoping it's OK to post up a link to my Craigslist ad also. It MAY have more / better pics.
As the title reads. Selling a 15 3/4" x 40" in Webb Lathe. (See pic of tag).
I purchased awhile ago and NEVER got around to setting it up.
Now I find myself moving to Tenn here shortly and will not take this across country.
It was running when I purchased it from a small garage type shop.
I started cleaning it and was doing alright, but other projects got in the way.

Take a look. If you have ANY questions - ask away. I'm not sure if I can answer, but I will try.
I've also got a 25HP North America RPC I'm getting rid of. ASKING $1200 - or CONSIDERING offers.
And a Baldor #500 grinder (Homemade pedestal) ASKING $400 - Again, CONSIDERING offers.
Need all 3? Package deal offers get first priority.

My phone number is in Craigslist ad if you care to text.

Webb Lathe: Webb / Whacheon 15 3/4 x 40 Lathe - general for sale - by owner
RPC: 25 HP North American RPC (Rotary Phase Coverter) Model PL-25 -...
Baldor Grinder: Baldor - 500 Dual Grinder - general for sale - by owner
By any chance is the lathe still for sale and in Anaheim? I am interested in purchasing a lathe. Thank you in advance

Back