What's new
What's new

What are these Doosan coolant gun/washwand/air blow nozzle options?

Those of you who have teed off the pump could you post some photos of how you have everything run? I've got the parts list in McMaster and grabbed a washdown gun on eBay. Now just wanna check out some previous installs

Attachments

• 20230321_115630.jpg
    20230321_115630.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
  • 20230321_115658.jpg
    20230321_115658.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • 20230321_115706.jpg
    20230321_115706.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
Here's a video I made of how I went about my system. The threads going in to the pump is a British NPT.

I've got the factory skimmer but like your external pump + remote. Any suggestions for coolant access for the pickup hose.

I've got the factory skimmer but like your external pump + remote. Any suggestions for coolant access for the pickup hose.
Drill a hole in one of the knock outs for where another pump would go. Or drill a hole in the top of the tank. Can always put something over later.

Drill a hole in one of the knock outs for where another pump would go. Or drill a hole in the top of the tank. Can always put something over later.

I guess I was thinking, I don't want metal in my coolant. Then I realized how dumb that sounded :)

I stuck the yellow key in the door lock sensor and unlocked it. The machine alarmed out and wouldn't let me do anything. Is there something I need to do in order to turn the coolant on with the door open?

From watching this thread this seems like a question for @LockNut. How difficult would it be to tie this to a relay on the machine such that an M-code could activate the pump? I'm new to this so I know essentially nothing about how the relays work. I'm hoping I could add a few to my machine to open an air solenoid for an air knife on the chip conveyor, turn on a pump like this for wash down, flip a 3-way solenoid to use this pump for way cover wash down inside machine.

I stuck the yellow key in the door lock sensor and unlocked it. The machine alarmed out and wouldn't let me do anything. Is there something I need to do in order to turn the coolant on with the door open?
Make a copy of the door key that is bolt to the bracket on the top of the left door
Or just unscrew the screws holding the door key in place. that is what I did.

From watching this thread this seems like a question for @LockNut. How difficult would it be to tie this to a relay on the machine such that an M-code could activate the pump? I'm new to this so I know essentially nothing about how the relays work. I'm hoping I could add a few to my machine to open an air solenoid for an air knife on the chip conveyor, turn on a pump like this for wash down, flip a 3-way solenoid to use this pump for way cover wash down inside machine.
All of our Fanuc controls come with 4 free M Codes, M91 thru M94. You would have to check the ladder to find out the inputs and outputs related to those. I don't have access to those at the moment. In addition to that, there are a number of unused blank buttons under the coolant buttons that can be assigned to M Codes. I checked this on a DNM5700 and they turn on and off but it may require a ladder change to assign them properly. Talk to your dealer if you can't do this yourself. Ladder changes should be documented by us for obvious reasons.

I don’t think you even need dedicated m-codes to run an output, just if you wanted to run the output from a program. If all you wanted to do was run it from a button on the control panel, then a simple ladder program could do that directly, even setup the light on the button for good measure. I’m sure there are a few extra I/Os on your machine.

I don’t think you even need dedicated m-codes to run an output, just if you wanted to run the output from a program. If all you wanted to do was run it from a button on the control panel, then a simple ladder program could do that directly, even setup the light on the button for good measure. I’m sure there are a few extra I/Os on your machine.
Interesting. Definitely have no idea how to do this but I'm getting some preventative maintence done and they are going to take a look and see what they can get set up for me.

Here's a video I made of how I went about my system. The threads going in to the pump is a British NPT.

Following up on this for anybody else who might be interested. I set this up tonight and everything seems to be working well. I think one of the problems with my first Amazon special was that it was not a self priming pump...and it was literally the cheapest option lol

Second time around I bought the pump Sendit suggested. I really like that it's on demand. FYI for anybody in the USA the threads are NPT.We'll see how it works over time.

Attachments

• PXL_20230914_022752199.jpg
    PXL_20230914_022752199.jpg
    716.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 9.11.19 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 9.11.19 PM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 9.12.04 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 9.12.04 PM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 19

Back