What's new
What's new

What happened to the HAAS HRC roller cam rotary tables?

dead_nuts

Aluminum
I bought a HRC160 five years ago and it was the latest, newest table they offered. It has worked well for me, super fast anf precise. I have not used a HRT, but other high end rotary tables use roller cam technology. Why did Haas stop making them? Perhaps they wanted to stay with one type to maximize output and reduce inventory?

I bought a HRC160 five years ago and it was the latest, newest table they offered. It has worked well for me, super fast anf precise. I have not used a HRT, but other high end rotary tables use roller cam technology. Why did Haas stop making them? Perhaps they wanted to stay with one type to maximize output and reduce inventory?
I wanted to get one about 4 months ago for another machine, I was told that the HRC model was a Taiwan made rotary, and their new HRT SS models are now made in house. They are the replacements for the HRC, although the HRT SS models are slower than the HRC.

None of the current models appear to be roller cam. The backlash specs are the same between all of them. Aren't roller cam rotaries zero backlash? Sankyo et al.

None of the current models appear to be roller cam. The backlash specs are the same between all of them. Aren't roller cam rotaries zero backlash? Sankyo et al.

Haas may have found that the tolerances required to make the roller cam rotary tables was too high for their general processes. Not a shock that they can't match what the hard-core Japanese companies do...

Back