What's new
What's new

What is this chuck exactly

Maprox is the company that owns the company that produced chucks that were sold under the Bani name.

They may have some information. But if you measure the chuck, you can at least look for (for example) a Zweiful 150mm four jaw scroll chuck.

As to what its worth, look up contemporary offerings - the prices for Chinese offerings may give you a floor price.

Whatever may have happened in the discussion, Gloop-crafted chucks are known to be some of the finest to come out of Bani. Having the versatility of four adjustable jaws, movable simultaneously on a single scroll makes that a versatile chuck to have. No idea why you'd even consider selling it unless you're scrapping the machine it belongs to.

Whatever may have happened in the discussion, Gloop-crafted chucks are known to be some of the finest to come out of Bani. Having the versatility of four adjustable jaws, movable simultaneously on a single scroll makes that a versatile chuck to have. No idea why you'd even consider selling it unless you're scrapping the machine it belongs to.
You are my only lead so i put my fate that this « gloop » situation is not a joke. Anyway, are you able to find or link me some info about it i would delighted to read about it. Thank you.

Whatever may have happened in the discussion, Gloop-crafted chucks are known to be some of the finest to come out of Bani.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^That's a joke^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

vvvvvvvvvvvv This isn't vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Having the versatility of four adjustable jaws, movable simultaneously on a single scroll makes that a versatile chuck to have. No idea why you'd even consider selling it unless you're scrapping the machine it belongs to.

Going back through your post history, this all begins to make sense:

However, I have decided to proceed with the removal of the motor, belt, pump, carriage, and other components. This will allow me to fine-tune the adjustable parts and replace any simple components as a proactive maintenance measure. While everything is disassembled, I plan to take advantage of the opportunity to apply body filler to areas that require it.

STOP!

Don't take anything apart. Don't scrape anything. Don't sell anything. You managed to buy a very thoroughly equipped small lathe. Don't modify it. Don't restore it. It doesn't need it. It's not a car. It doesn't need to have perfect paint. That's not even bad paint wear. There is nothing wrong with that machine. Lubricate everything and use it. If you take it apart, things will only get worse. Break something or lose something and you'll never put that machine back together again.

Again: don't sell or trade anything from that machine. If somone has to explain why you would want to have a 4-jaw chuck, with independently adjustable jaws, it's clear you've never made anything with a lathe. There is nothing wrong with that. We all start somewhere. You have a nice lathe. Don't mess it up. We can only assume you want or need to make things or you wouldn't have bought it. Make things.

And for the love of god, get all this scraping stuff out of your head.

Back