What's new
What's new

What to do with an *abandoned* toolbox?

this got me thinking about another situation. a small shop liquidation I did many years ago was for a failed but not bankrupt co that was having tax problems. I put in my contract that I was not responsible for company records etc. They did their best to get me to throw out the records, which I did not do and when I was finished there was a nice neat file cabinet left all by its lonsome which I took a dated photo of when I photographed the cleaned out shop in general. They wanted to be able to blame me for loosing them I would guess.

FWIW, here is what I would do. I could call and give him 'till the close of business on xx day to get his stuff. Notify him that if it is not picked up by then that you are placing it into "_______" Storage company, under his name and after the deadline he can pick it up at his leisure upon paying storage fees. If you call around to the local storage places, I am sure you can find someone who will work with you. They really aren't out anything if they store it in one of their small or unclaimed units, if the guy doesn't pick up from their, they typically auction unclaimed/unpaid once a year.

Later,
Jason

Back