What's new
What's new

Where are the six new steel mills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill the defense is not arguing that Rittenhouse is provided protections from being in pursuit of protected actions outside of self defense.
The reason that argument is not being provided is due to none being present.

WTF are you smoking, this early of a morning?

They have no NEED to do.

The Prosecuter is STRANGE enough..

.. but at least they do not have Trboatworks making foolish corruptions of Law that need corrected...

Those are only here on PM.

:)

They NEEDED to be corrected because not being aware of the power a citizen may legally exercise..... is a good way for a miscreant to get himself killed.

Legally.

QED

Simpler stuff can get a body DAID, as well.

As-in a State that WAS a "must retreat" jurisdiction changing to a "stand your ground" jurisdiction. As has been HAPPENING.

That matters.

Time was, person could break in my door, I'd have had to take a step backwards, shout at him to leave, before I could legally shoot him.

Now I need not take any such risk.

A perp who assumes he is going to get cut a break doesn't keep up with such changes?

It can get messy!

:D

The tenor of that post demonstrates nicely that you are standing on your bias in your view of this incident.
The defense is using every legal precedent at their disposal.

Your argument being as they say "conspicuous in its absence"..

Good day to you

Thomas? You don't know SQRT-FA about the applicable Law.

There's Court in Kenosha, WI that does know.
They'll deal with it.

If it diverges from what I've explained?

There'll be an appeal.

"Protest" wasn't on the menu. Kyle wasn't interested in that part.

Arson was a reality and threat.

What's new is really old? Los Angeles. "Roof Top Koreans" LA= 62 KIA versus K-Town= 2 KIA

"The parallels between riots in 2020 and what happened in 1992 are not difficult to see. And this is why the rooftop Koreans were shared round as memes. Some by right-wing pro gun Americans, others highlighting the pattern of racial inequality."

Who Were The Rooftop Koreans? - Koryo Tours

BTW---Is any of the destruction still evident in LA all these years later?

The tenor of that post demonstrates nicely that you are standing on your bias in your view of this incident.
Correct. My "bias" is the Constitution of the United States. Also Code of Virginia. OTHER Jurisdictions - several - only when operating under them as a Fiduciary.. or presenting before the bar.

The tasking of a Court in Kenosha to deal with Wisconsin Law. Not mine. I'm only an observer.

I haven't read all that much of Wisconsin Law anyway. Mostly w/r Arson.

And to see that the Judge was going to have to toss that "illegal possession" charge.

As he did. He had no other option.

Your bias?

Find a crime, frame him for it?

Or what?

Depends on whether you believe frame-by-frame video. Shows clearly that the guy with the pistol never pointed it at Rittenhouse. After he is shot, the biceps severed, the arm falls in such a way that the gun points at Rittenhouse, but that's a result, not a cause.

Wonder what the jury will do with this.

Liar liar pants on fire ....

EG the guy admitted he did that please have your sweetheart pinch you with a good pair of pliers! :D

Whether it is "PC' .. or not.
Whether it is "woke".. or not.
Whether it is "MAGA" or not.

Whether ANYONE likes it or never...( none of the Dinosaurians *I* hang out with ever voted for that damned Chicxulub impactor..)

... shit.. and shits.... happen.

My AI translator did not work on this one. Usually I never need to use it. :)

Of course and that is not what I said or implied.

The courts must somehow separate the propriety question from each instance where the weapon was fired.

Civil code does not empower citizens to maintain order through the use of arms so there is no defense that sanctioned duty was being pursued.
"Brandishing a weapon" is a criminal trespass so the case must start there.

This case is fraught with political bias- yours included so good luck finding that anyone can view this objectively.

Truth is that depends on the situation. In true valid self defense one says never draw on anything you do not intend to shoot. Once drawn one might want to realize that it might be a big mistake-they do not have to. Why is it police are the only ones who draw and if that gains the better result then decides they do not need to shoot and kill someone? The law right? Things can always get worse if you check common sense at the door.

Surely it does. Including power of arrest.

Arson is not covered by the First Amendment!

A Citizen arresting just (ordinarily) lacks the power to 'transport".

Mayhap you are thinking of the Feudal System of Continental Europe?

Even English Law was closer to our own. Family business since the 1500's after all. England then (Constables, Magistrates, Lawsters, Sheriffs..) , Virginia, later, (much the same..) and/or Commissioned Officers.. but near-as-dammit no gaps to present generation.

Citizenry has the right and responsibility. Arson situation most of all.

We empower Sheriffs and Police Departments to act in our stead.

So long as Civil Authority is PRESENT... and is "functional", they have the con. They may, in turn "deputize" one or more individuals FROM among the citizenry, or, if larger force is required, raise the Posse Comitatus.

County Sheriff would have been within his remit to have DONE that as Kenosha was going up in flames. Sheriffs are responsible directly to the citizenry of their County. Not to the Governor. Nor President.

First act of a new Sheriff in a newly-created County?

Appoint the first Judge. Not the other way around.

Authority?

See Loudoun County, Virginia Sheriff's reaction to the School Board IDIOT asking him for a SWAT team .. and a lot more.

The posturing fool was told-off - firmly. Very! That made the news, BTW. Look it up.

In the absence - or dereliction - of our chosen surrogates, however? Right and responsibility of supporting our society of law reverts to the citizenry.

We hadn't abdicated our rights, after all.

Only delegated them.

Kyle wasn't the best of examples, no. Wiser, more mature folks should have been controlling. That they WERE NOT is where the tragedy lies.

There should not have been even ONE building burnt, nor ONE person shot.

If the lesson is properly taken, one may hope that NEXT time there will not be.

“ So long as Civil Authority is PRESENT... and is "functional", they have the con. They may, in turn "deputize" one or more individuals FROM among the citizenry, or, if larger force is required, raise the Posse Comitatus.”

It is notable that even in chaos this is no longer done today most likely it should be. In earlier times there might have even have been a militia. Heck in fact they are in existence now and not all or even most are extremists.

“ So long as Civil Authority is PRESENT... and is "functional", they have the con. They may, in turn "deputize" one or more individuals FROM among the citizenry, or, if larger force is required, raise the posse comitatus.”

posse comitatus - cool stuff public service NOT done today when needed. Everybody have to be highly trained police all. :scratchchin:It removes unison with the general public which has its own conscience separate from law enforcement. Remember they are the public servant to the public not the other way around.

It is notable that even in chaos this is no longer done today most likely it should be. In earlier times there might have even have been a militia. Heck in fact they are in existence now and not all or even most are extremists.

Citizens have no sanctioned right to stop protest.
The police there had no sanctioned right to stop protest.

Was a riot declared at time of shootings?
Curfew in place?

Was Rittenhouse in violation of curfew?

Rittenhouse was wittily or not a combatant.
Protesters on one side and anti protesters on the other.

The mess that resulted leaves him no protections outside of parsing each weapon discharge as being justified or not.

Prove that using the constitution. Police are public servants it is not the opposite.

Little Binger the prosecutor was pointing the rifle at the jury with his finger on the trigger. The photo us cropped to not show the jury. The prosecution stated there is no such thing as right or left hand guns.

Kenosha is a shit hole run by Democrats.

It is rude and grasping at straws. That would have made me mad. On that street I would have stayed away from anyone armed at all. I certainly would not chase them nor stand there screaming to be shot in the chest. I suppose they may be showing off fools trying to get sex from the other releases from the mental hospital from recent days gone by. Been known to happen.

Federal court reaffirms its halt on Biden vaccine mandates quoting serious constitutional concerns.
Your not King Joe, we have a document that rules our land

Once again Biden seems confused while speaking in public.
This guy should be enjoying his golden years in retirement, doing things he enjoys, like showering with his great grandchildren, not being the democrat puppet.

WTF are you smoking, this early of a morning?

They have no NEED to do.

The Prosecuter is STRANGE enough..

.. but at least they do not have Trboatworks making foolish corruptions of Law that need corrected...

Those are only here on PM.

They NEEDED to be corrected because not being aware of the power a citizen may legally exercise..... is a good way for a miscreant to get himself killed.

Legally.

QED

Simpler stuff can get a body DAID, as well.

As-in a State that WAS a "must retreat" jurisdiction changing to a "stand your ground" jurisdiction. As has been HAPPENING.

That matters.

Time was, person could break in my door, I'd have had to take a step backwards, shout at him to leave, before I could legally shoot him.

Now I need not take any such risk.

A perp who assumes he is going to get cut a break doesn't keep up with such changes?

It can get messy!

:D

Response from TR’s post here;

TR; “Bill the defense is not arguing that Rittenhouse is provided protections for being in pursuit of protected actions outside of self defense.
The reason that argument is not being provided is due to none being present.”

This reminds me of annoying wannabe Lawsters students which failed the LSAT. ;)

Gobbledygook gook likely from what someone else constructed. Give me a break.

“ So long as Civil Authority is PRESENT... and is "functional", they have the con. They may, in turn "deputize" one or more individuals FROM among the citizenry, or, if larger force is required, raise the Posse Comitatus.”

More of it still goes-on in rural or wide-open-space America than many city/suburban folks realize.

But a lone-seat Deputy or State Trooper would ordinarily enlist an available citizen to direct traffic, hold a light, flag vehicles around a wreck or such, render first-aid, make phone calls etc. Not all that "formal" IOW.

Not OFTEN get involved in a fire-fight! But it happens.

Under experienced Command? Even "extremists" will STFU and do as they are told.
Count on it.

I don't like him. But he is going to whip-ass in court(s).

You netted or hooked over-confident fish-idiots STILL don't GET it!

Trump was only the BAIT!

Same process as ridding infested genitalia of pubic lice:

- Shave exactly one HALF of your junk.

- Stand by by with an ice-pick and a rusty ballpein HAMMER.

- Set the hairy half of yer junk afire.

- Smash or stab the little f**kers as they run out of the fire.

- Apply "Carolina Reaper" as a salve and antiseptic.

Ga-ron-tee even a TDS-affuckturd slow-learner will move heaven and Earth to avoid any sort of re-infestation!

How hard WAS that?

Terra Mite!

You are nothing, if not fully rounded in your turn of descriptive phrase! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back