What's new
What's new

Where are the six new steel mills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 meter gear shapers, yeah. Machining centers, gear grinders, sure. Drill presses ? uhh, no.

Definitely nope. They have chinese words for stuff, and I can't remember even seeing a drill press in any shop I've worked in. Must have them somewhere but everywhere I've worked uses machining centers.

Interesting. Never heard that word used in any shop, and all your hits are in "Antique" ... looks like us practical machinists are not in the swing of things with them "pillar drills".

Who else that runs or works in a real shop, not the garage with a 1913 South Bend, would call a drill press a pillar drill ? In the US ?

You can certainly buy new pillar drills on Google.

You can certainly buy new pillar drills on Google.

Septics call them column drills.... IF they ken radials ..horizontals, beam/trolley, etc.etc....
Not many do, ergo ass-u-me that "drillpress" only comes in one gender.

EG? As with one of Dayton Allen's comedic monologues?

"I never went to Medical School, but I hung around a real drugstore a lot!"

IOW Don't expect that EG would know any more about manufacturing technology than Karl Marx knew about how to actually earn a crust USING a hammer or sickle! Purely Looter Politics.

Anything EG DID know could be more comfortably shared by any of thousands of better men, and without the dreadful spew of hate-America, hate 'the West', hate-cops, hate-marines, love DPRK, love Mao "baggage".

:(

William Hill Latest betting.
10/3 Donald Trump Rep BS Economics
4/1 Joseph Robinette Biden Commie BA History
Law 76th of 85, plagiarism.
4/1 Kamala Harris Commie Politics
Law
11/1 Ron Desantis Rep History magna cum laude
Law cum laude
14/1 Mike Pence Rep BA History
Law
14/1 Nikki Haley Rep Accounting
22/1 Pete Buttigeig Commie History
PPE First, Oxford
28/1 Tucker Carlson Rep BA History
33/1 Elizabeth Warren Commie B Sc. Speech ...
Law
33/1 Dwayne Johnson ? Criminology
40/1 Beto O'Rourke Commie English Lit.
40/1 Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez Extra Commie BA Economics cum laude
40/1 Ted Cruz Rep BA cum laude
Law magna cum laude
50/1 Gavin Newsom Commie B Sc. Political ...
50/1 Candace Owens Rep
50/1 Tom Cotton Rep AB magna cum laude
Law
50/1 Josh Hawley Rep BA History PBK
Law

So what do we know?
#1 B Sc. does NOT mean they are/were a scientist. Not one qualification in a hard science between them!
#2 The USA really is the home of grade inflation, next step is put the diplomas on cornflake packets.
#3 Time the US Republicans made it mandatory to call the "progressives" by their real name Communists.
#4 The US Republicans need to stop selecting RINOS.
#5 The US Republicans need to explain all day, every day, that the US "Democrats" want to surrender to
the Russians, the Chinese, the UN, anybody.
#6 The US Republicans need to explain all day, every day, that the unguarded border and the zillion dollar
budgets are not mistakes. The CommieDems policy is to import anybody who is ignorant/stupid/breeds like
rabbits and bribe them to vote Commie with money from hard working US taxpayers.

Edit My document had a monospaced font and columns.

Dang Manic. You have been as busy as the Devil and spent some brain power, sweat, and effort on this breakdown. It is easy seen when one hits reply to comment on the information quoted. Then it’s format is structured and readable.

Impressive. Did you wish to explain in any more detail? Feel free to do so as consideration and pertinent thinking on this thread does much better when people actually think. For that I will say that I am appreciative of your effort.

I bet Demon is jealous as he must be working like the Devil on something. He has been uncharacteristically quiet as of late which means he is busy doing his due diligence of roaming.

Job1:7
New International Version
The LORD said to Satan, “Where have you come from?” Satan answered the LORD, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”

It must have made Demon lonely up till now trying to point out the obvious flaws including the obvious breakup of rational and logical thought displayed here by the afflicted beings caught as in a malfunctioning loop found in the highest state AI computer run by a popular operating software the top pin Nicole of archival order and efficiency. :)

Anyway thanks. It is better much more so than TCM repeated yabbin. That gets old and sqeeky wheel noise Big Boop runs riot in his own loop.

B reel it back a bit put a little polite thought into something be useful. There could be events we all are concerned about happening this week. Dont take a wrecking ball to things the interchange can be good just putting in a little of effort and even occasionally some patient and civil restraint or discipline - your pick.

My prediction about the trial was stated earlier and my reasoning why. I predicted mistrial with prejudice. Evidence withheld by the prosecution through trickery to have a shot at another go on appeal. Pure aggression not justice and very often what the accomplished Lawsters types are capable of. It is sad.:cryin: I suggest the judge can wait until the jury rules and do this after the verdict regardless. If that happens then that judge would be doing that based on justice. His job.

Keep safe everyone.

There are better days ahead let’s hope. Faith it takes a lot of that and it is ok. Most people non religious can often display more faith than the devoted. There is nothing wrong with trying to do the right thing. Fist on that list might be to at least stop fighting everything and look around to where the undertow has taken us.

Last edited:
And CHINA.com!!!

Yup.
Fully agree with all the alternate names

Anyway, that's enough metalwork talk for this thread - back to normal service in 3....2....1.... :D

And awaaaaaaaaaaay we go!

Where we left our viewers...

Big Blivet was still out of his tree with frustration at trying to sell subscriptions to bunk-beds in the Trump Cult warehouse in his little-head..

EG was still auto-cornholio-ing in front of a tall hall mirror in hopes of generating an integral lifting eye for the riggers.......

5 meter gear shapers, yeah. Machining centers, gear grinders, sure. Drill presses ? uhh, no.

Definitely nope. They have chinese words for stuff, and I can't remember even seeing a drill press in any shop I've worked in. Must have them somewhere but everywhere I've worked uses machining centers.

Interesting. Never heard that word used in any shop, and all your hits are in "Antique" ... looks like us practical machinists are not in the swing of things with them "pillar drills".

Who else that runs or works in a real shop, not the garage with a 1913 South Bend, would call a drill press a pillar drill ? In the US ?

“ Definitely nope. They have chinese words for stuff, and I can't remember even seeing a drill press in any shop I've worked in. Must have them somewhere but everywhere I've worked uses machining centers. ”

Well darn it EG you haven’t even had to suffer and pay your dues on the manual machines then? How wonderful that you do not have the scars, blood , sweat, and tears!

No wonder you never saw the darkness of having the need for such a atrocious and worthless piece of equipment as a drill press is. It must be like staring into the abyss.

You come across your disdain for small shops and admiring hobby peoples honestly don’t you? Dang son lighten up come down South here and hang with us we can change your whole life path for the better. Stop being down on yourself. Things are not as terrible as your own prison you have locked yourself into.

Demon might even say that the spooky useless drill press is of the Devil then except that it would give the Devil bad press and bring the associated cult member attacks along with attached smear campaign and TDS talk. The ilk they are not only on milk they have advanced to steak and potatoes!:)

Last edited:
This is my new favorite meme - taken from the context of the 'Tom interview' in the movie 'Office Space':

The Bobs ~ So you actually stop us from getting Covid
Pfizer vaccine ~ Well..... No.... you can still get it

The Bobs ~ So then you must stop us from spreading it right?
Pfizer vaccine ~ Well........no

The Bobs ~ So then you must stop us from developing symptoms that could lead to death?
Pfizer vaccine ~ Well...no....I mean....ah...Sometimes!

The Bobs ~ So what would you say you....actually do here?
Pfizer vaccine ~ look, I told you, I'm good with people, you need me, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!

This is my new favorite meme - taken from the context of the 'Tom interview' in the movie 'Office Space':

The Bobs ~ So you actually stop us from getting Covid
Pfizer vaccine ~ Well..... No.... you can still get it

The Bobs ~ So then you must stop us from spreading it right?
Pfizer vaccine ~ Well........no

The Bobs ~ So then you must stop us from developing symptoms that could lead to death?
Pfizer vaccine ~ Well...no....I mean....ah...Sometimes!

The Bobs ~ So what would you say you....actually do here?
Pfizer vaccine ~ look, I told you, I'm good with people, you need me, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!

I have to love the irony in all of this serious times in which we live. It helps to have a good sense of humor and laugh sometimes too. I try to find something funny each day.

1FD94F61-FDA7-466F-905B-4BDE0DBBE2DD.jpg

Blimey. There's even a book about it!
And the amazing thing is there's eleven hundred reviews and it's got 4.5 out of 5.

Phht.

Low-tech.

The "Mind Control" in TDS is faked.

It is actually ignorant surgical adhesive.

Glue the victims lips to his own anal sphincter, you don't have to CARE if their "hearts and minds will follow".

See Miss Millie Malice Milland, PeteM, Big B, SIP6A, Jim Rozen, et al for examples in "circular logic".

EG the exception. No special hatred of DJT. There might be space after hating America, but EG reserves that for illustrating hatred of his OWN failures.

Septics call them column drills.... IF they ken radials ..horizontals, beam/trolley, etc.etc....
Not many do, ergo ass-u-me that "drillpress" only comes in one gender.

EG? As with one of Dayton Allen's comedic monologues?

"I never went to Medical School, but I hung around a real drugstore a lot!"

IOW Don't expect that EG would know any more about manufacturing technology than Karl Marx knew about how to actually earn a crust USING a hammer or sickle! Purely Looter Politics.

Anything EG DID know could be more comfortably shared by any of thousands of better men, and without the dreadful spew of hate-America, hate 'the West', hate-cops, hate-marines, love DPRK, love Mao "baggage".

Are we talking the Radial arm drills? If so they rock. Manual stuff as so much still can be the dirty hard work oilfield and repair and refurbishing in oil,mining, work supporting Stella fabrication and so on.

I haven’t thought of those for a few years now. :) Whatever a pillar drill describes or not it brings back hard fast work on that press manual layout and real torque and much more umph to drill the heavy duty holes in all kinds of steel.

Loaded with fork lift was the only way dangerous work no serious blood letting and zero crushing wounds. Familiarity with injury and emergency room visits were common in those days and kept at bay through constant reminders from the old timers/mentors and shop bosses.

Today I think most people might shirk if someone needed help and fortunately CNC can be much safer. Especially when care and good sense is in action.

As as it always has been. At least with CNC I have not had hot blue chips flying off a lathe cut covering my arms and burning down my shirt as I must stay and stop the cut or stop back away and deflect them. :bawling:

Sometimes the burning is bearable and other times the cut is ceased and something changed up.

I would say that they need more RINOS and less MINOS.

Say anything you care to. You still only get ONE vote. Whilst living.

The dead get two. Both of them for the democratic-ticket. Even if they were Republicans whilst still alive.

Risk-aversion thing. The folks are dead. Not stupid.

They know that Demonrats in power means Satan can't afford to roast anybody.
Fuel costs are too high to keep Hellfire burning.

Hang on Eggy. You've said before you deal in machinery - yes?
And Chy-Na call them pillar drills - yes?
And search here shows pillar drills - yes?

C'mon, don't make me move you into the FOS pigeon hole next to BigBe-es.
There is room, although he's BIG, there's room for another???

You said that I had said that I had a pillar drill. I never even heard of a pillar drill until you mentioned it. So that was a lie. I said that I had a drill press.

You TRUMP CULT MEMBERS can't seem to get anything right.

You said that I had said that I had a pillar drill. I never even heard of a pillar drill until you mentioned it. So that was a lie. I said that I had a drill press.

You TRUMP CULT MEMBERS can't seem to get anything right.

No need of you and your "Trump Cult" patented invention to demonstrate you and EG were ignorant, was there?

Got THAT shot right. You each proved that at no extra charge.

If you are to remain too f**ked-up to do anything useful, why piss-away a freebie?

Being TDS-afflicted means there is no need for you to keep taking stupid pills as a booster.

Save yer money!

Before you OD on stupid pills.

Are we talking the Radial arm drills? If so they rock. Manual stuff as so much still can be the dirty hard work oilfield and repair and refurbishing in oil,mining, work supporting Stella fabrication and so on.

I haven’t thought of those for a few years now. :) Whatever a pillar drill describes or not it brings back hard fast work on that press manual layout and real torque and much more umph to drill the heavy duty holes in all kinds of steel.

Loaded with fork lift was the only way dangerous work no serious blood letting and zero crushing wounds. Familiarity with injury and emergency room visits were common in those days and kept at bay through constant reminders from the old timers/mentors and shop bosses.

Today I think most people might shirk if someone needed help and fortunately CNC can be much safer. Especially when care and good sense is in action.

As as it always has been. At least with CNC I have not had hot blue chips flying off a lathe cut covering my arms and burning down my shirt as I must stay and stop the cut or stop back away and deflect them. :bawling:

Sometimes the burning is bearable and other times the cut is ceased and something changed up.

Radial drill pressed do rock. We had some Johanssons at work and I loved them. The newer ones with electric lock on the column were great. I looked at buying one for my shop but the one that was for sale near me needed 480 volt power and I run things on a RPC so that wasn't going to work out without me adding a transformer.

BTW, I counted how many drill presses I have and I have five of them. A large and small one in my machine shop, a small Delta radial drill press in my woodworking shop and a couple of other industrial ones that I've never put power to as I found my idea one for the machine shop. I really do need to get rid of some surplus machinery.

My first ever drill press that I bought over 40 years ago was a cheap Buffalo Taiwan drill press and I finally did sell it several years ago.

Radial drill pressed do rock. We had some Johanssons at work and I loved them. The newer ones with electric lock on the column were great. I looked at buying one for my shop but the one that was for sale near me needed 480 volt power and I run things on a RPC so that wasn't going to work out without me adding a transformer.

BTW, I counted how many drill presses I have and I have five of them. A large and small one in my machine shop, a small Delta radial drill press in my woodworking shop and a couple of other industrial ones that I've never put power to as I found my idea one for the machine shop. I really do need to get rid of some surplus machinery.

My first ever drill press that I bought over 40 years ago was a cheap Buffalo Taiwan drill press and I finally did sell it several years ago.

Nobody believes you, 10 year old apprentice

None of you TRUMP CULT MEMBERS believe anything that doesn't come first through you cult leader so no big deal there. Now run along. Don't you have some newspapers to deliver or something?

This should take you 10 minutes.
Take your cell phone, walk over to your imaginary shop, take a picture of two dusty industrial drill presses in supposed storage that you really need to sell and then post it here. 10 minutes to prove you don't talk out of your ass. Go
I'll be waiting for your post with no picture and a bunch of TRUMP CULT bitching proving you are a compulsive liar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back