What's new
What's new

Where do the amateurs post?

Hi, my name is Bob and I am not sure amateur or professional.
I get paid to do it so that make me pro?
Many things I do not know. Many things I think I know and then there are the know unknowns.
One of these days I might be master of all and a pro.
Until the good lord takes me I will love those who entry into this field and do my best to help others along the curve of learning.

Johnny,
I am confident that this cnc project will have an outcome as positive and satisfying as the GTO project was for you. There are plenty of members on the forum that are willing to share knowledge.

Dave

Rons ... the Teensy 4.1 has an ARM Cortex - M7 at 600 Mhz. It's plugged into a six axis breakout board. Loaded with grblHAL which is an updated version of grbl that supports more g-code commands and supports more axis. I upgraded to this after I could see pauses in my Arduino controlled system.

Dave, a good Pontiac forum I frequented for years was instrumental in the restoration of that car ... couldn't have done it without the help and advice I received on that forum.

Dave, a good Pontiac forum I frequented for years was instrumental in the restoration of that car ... couldn't have done it without the help and advice I received on that forum.

Yes, I recognized the pictures. You and I have traded information and tips over the years on that forum. I am dmorg1 on the PY site.

Dave

That little repartee is a good example how it works; just like a bunch of shop hands who would know and rib each other in person. WTF good is a bunch of stiffs trying to outdo each other?
No one, and I mean NO One has every possible reference, for every machine, any material, in every facility.

(Including at least 3 here with boundless knowledge, also understanding of variables, everything that makes such work demanding and rewarding. Won't mention any names, but nothing short of astounding......)
I work with a diverse group of people and my simple rule is you can call me anything you want, as long as you don't mean it :-). Has worked well for me the 62 years I am on the planet. The banter makes the workplace enjoyable, why everyone is so easily offended nowadays is a mystery and frustrating.

Last edited:
I work with a diverse group of people and my simple rule is you can call me anything you want, as long as you don't mean it :-). Has worked well for me the 62 years I am on the planet. The banter makes the workplace enjoyable, why everyone is so easily offended nowadays is a mystery and frustrating.

There's an old saying "you'd better say that with a smile..."

The trouble with the internet is that you don't get to see that smile, (nor hear any hint of humor in tone of voice), unless the person posting remembers to use one (emoticon). Most of us older folks are big dummies and forget half the time... :D

Back