What's new
What's new

Where to buy Deckel parts in the USA?

hsparks

Plastic
Has anyone had success with ordering parts through a US distributor? Who, where, how? Is it possible to obtain a price list of available parts?

I'm trying to buy the horizontal overarm and outboard bearing for my older FP1...

So far, I've had no success trying to deal with German companies via email.

Thanks,

Hugh Sparks, [email protected]

If you are patient they do show up on german Ebay from time to time, I think I have seen two or three during the last half year or so.

Yes, I have ordered some parts through the South Carolina branch of Deckel, Maho, Gildemeister. I managed to get a tooling list from them and they do still have some things that will fit the FP-1 but they are incredibly expensive. Nevertheless, you might want to call their 800 number and ask for the tooling list.
Actually I have been successful with the German connection and just purchased a nice version of the helical milling attachment for my FP-1 at a very reasonable price of about $990.00. Try buying it at that price in the US.

Actually, in reference to Ole.steen's comment, I don't think you have to go to a separate site to look at German ebay. The ebay site is international and the international stuff is thrown in with everythingelse. I am always seeing deckel cameras and ornate lids for jars (deckel means lid in German) for sale on ebay being sold out of Germany and mixed in with the Deckel machining stuff. Just don't do your search under any specific heading. Do a general ebay search. You also might search under FP1. Once in awhile I find someone who doesn't get it and lists their item without the Deckel name. This is a good way to find bargains by the way. I have used this to pick up some good Starrett measuring tools by typing in Starett and Starret cause a few people with good stuff for sale can't spell Starrett and that's good cause it means fewer people competing for the same item. The same applies to Deckel, dekel, FP1, FP-1 etc. anyway you get the point.

noahjlb, Do you have the address for the South Carolina branch of Deckel, Maho, Gildemeister, and the 800 number. You could post thanks.

No, I don't have the 800 number but the regular number is 704-583-1193 and ask for Tim Davis in the parts department. Alternatively you can email Tim with all your questions at [email protected] this actually works better since he spends most his time on the phone.

For the record, there is no SC branch of DMG...it is in Charlotte, NC.

Originally posted by noahjlb:
Actually I have been successful with the German connection and just purchased a nice version of the helical milling attachment for my FP-1 at a very reasonable price of about $990.00.

Who is your German connection? e-mail address?

Thanks Bill Bonta

[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited 10-03-2002).]

Back