What's new
What's new

Who makes good work boots in the USA?

gbent

Diamond
aint worth a shit on oil or a 6 that aint got its blue yet

If you are walking around on 6's that aren't blue yet I'll throw in the towel right now and admit you got a bigger pair than I. I want them blue before they hit the floor, and even then I'm going to stand out of the way.

kpotter

Diamond
I got my new Wescos and they are a perfect fit, I was real worried that they wouldnt be comfortable. They are the best boot I have ever worn I stand all day. I have never had a boot with a heal, still getting used to it but who cant use an extra couple of inches. I will never buy another boot these should last decades.

cash

Titanium
If you are referring traction that is correct on the "logger" style sole. They are not good for traction on hard floors.

For my work boots I bought the #430 sole.

No worries on hard floors that may be wet/oily.

We have a combination of linoleum and epoxy in my shop.

The traction is just as good ad my old redwings that were a smooth bottom rubber sole.

cash

Titanium
I got my new Wescos and they are a perfect fit, I was real worried that they wouldnt be comfortable. They are the best boot I have ever worn I stand all day. I have never had a boot with a heal, still getting used to it but who cant use an extra couple of inches. I will never buy another boot these should last decades.

Once you get used to the heel you will not want to wear any other type of boot.

To really get broke in figure it may take a month or 2.

There are many different ways. For me it was taking them home weekly and cleaning with saddle soap then obermans oil and then heavy duty LP.

For a while my white socks were turning brown in no time!

david n

Diamond
I've been buying Thorogood boots for a while now. Made in the Wi, USA. They fit great(make sure some one sizes you correctly). Cost for most of their boots is in the $150 +/- range. I used to buy Georgia boots until the tag started sayin Made in China.

These are my model:
Weinbrenner Shoe Company - Professional occupational safety footwear for work, uniform and fire, and outdoor recreation.

Main Page:
Weinbrenner Shoe Company - Professional occupational safety footwear for work, uniform and fire, and outdoor recreation.

cash

Titanium
If you are walking around on 6's that aren't blue yet I'll throw in the towel right now and admit you got a bigger pair than I. I want them blue before they hit the floor, and even then I'm going to stand out of the way.

oh, I am trying to figure out this piece of wisdom........

cash

Titanium
After being very happy with my Wesco work boots I had ordered several months ago a similar pair.

Jobmaster in Brown with #100 Vibram Sole. 10" height.

After about 2 months I have then about broke in.

Walking in my shop with this sole is NOT good. Very slick on smooth floors. But this is not a shop work boot.

The best way I found for breaking them in is after a couple times of lubing with oil and Obernauf's LP I fill a 5 gal paul with hot water, dunk my foot in for 10 seconds and wear them for hours after. I have done this about 5 time and they are pretty well set now.

Attachments

• Wesco Boots Jobmaster Logger.jpg
    Wesco Boots Jobmaster Logger.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 6,370
  • Wesco Boots Jobmaster.jpg
    Wesco Boots Jobmaster.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 6,937

77ironhead

Titanium
I where Chippawa boots http://www.chippewaboots.com/ that are made IN the USA and are very comfortable and are still in good shape after about 4 years. My last boots were red wing I went out of my way to get the U.S. boots but they did not stand up and I was extremly disapointed in them. In my opinion there is no comparison between the red wing and the Chippiwa. I wouldn't take a free pair of red wings but I would happily pay a few hundred dollars for A pair of chippawas when I next need them a few years in the future

exactly what he said! never again will I waste my money on Ded Wings! My current Chippewas cost the same as my last pair of Ded Wings, and are 2x the boot, both in features and build quality.

JMHO- YMMV

metalmaster10

Stainless
What caused me to start this was that the local dealers quit selling the sketchers that were so comfortable to me. I didn't want to buy painful crap that I had in the past but I couldn't find made in USA locally so I had to buy local boots while I continued my search. OMG they were terrible! I was in pain every day. I went online and found the same sketchers steel toe that fit so well. Thanks to amazon, $65 later they showed up Friday and I wore them today. :cloud9:
I will continue my search for US made boots, but I will need to try them on. I have foot problems that cause lots of pain if fit is not right.
Thanks for all the input guys!

zak300sy

Aluminum
Redwings - style 2263. Best boots I've ever had when walking on concrete all day in the shop. They aren't cheap but your knees will thank you. Was wearing Wolverine Durashocks, my knees were getting sore 5-6 hrs into the day. Never had that problem with the redwings.

Toe protectors would be a good investment that's what goes first on mine.

I've been wearing them for 10+ years, they are USA made

Jimmy_pop

Aluminum
Red Wing #2405

I work 4am-5pm M-F and after suffering a crushed heel 10 years ago, I walk pain free in these boots. I am usually limping after a saturday/sunday in my crocs or running shoes. These boots are $240~ and the only reason I have and operate my company because they enable me to work pain free. I use the Red Wing socks and their aftermarket insoles too. I keep them conditioned with their boot oil every couple weeks. I'll get a second pair for Christmas and keep them in rotation so they last longer and actually dry out inbetween wearing them. Ive got some good equipment but honestly non of it would be possible without these boots.

cash

Titanium
Before my Wesco's I wore red wing 2233 for about 20 years. Like clockwork about ever 2 years I would get a new pair. The store I went to was old skool style. The guy kept all the names and boot size/style in a rolodex. When you came in he looked you up and got your boot.

They were a good boot.

But when you compare the construction and quality the Wesco are well above the redwings.

ewlsey

Diamond
I love 2233s. I wish you could get them without steels toes though. I don't really need the steel toe, and it makes them colder and heavier.

Heavey Metal

Banned
If they turning blue in the air you can add one more notch to the feed.