What's new
What's new

Wireless transfer

SteveB1978

Plastic
I've seen somewhere in the past that it is not a good idea to wireless transfer geometry or a part program to a machine. So wireless to connect to server to program parts, and wireless to send to CNC machine. I am still a fan of a direct cable both ways. Any thoughts or disasters I can share with the owner. Thanks for you're help.

If it wasn't a good idea, it wouldn't be as popular as it is and nobody would continue to sell it.
There are always negative reviews on anything.
Heck, even cable transfers have had their share of issues since inception.
If you're going wireless, just make sure you have the shielded cables, as little amount of radio interference as possible and contact the MFG's for their advice.

When I worked for Prototek, we were setting up reliable wireless DNC in high radio interference shops (right next to induction heat treating machines) in 2001.

I have these on 3 machines and transfer wirelessly with no issues.

I used to have a wired connection, with a Tripp Lite RS232 to USB adapter, worked great for a couple years and out of nowhere my - symbols on some of my X moves started disappearing during the transfer somehow, never caught it until the tool went + when it was suppose to go -.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20

Back