What's new
What's new

Would lengthy blackouts create new manufacturing opportunities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if Hanermo is still in Spain but as I recall that country is noted for abundant sunshine. Here in the Northeast U.S. we have less reliable weather and as of today we are on our third rainy overcast day in a row.
By the way, in extreme heat, solar panels reduce electricity generation and this must also be taken into account

Em ..
You are mistaken.
10 kW is a LOT.
Avg use for a heavy-electrical house is about 1-1.5 kW.
Minus ac.

Look at any stats you want.

10 kW x 24 = 240 kWh per day.
87.600 kWh per year.

Avg us house consumption is about 10.000 kWh/year, or about 8x less the 10 kW mentioned.

Of course the extra free 10 kW is only during the day, but since we get paid for the grid input whatever we use during the dusk is also essentially free.
Thats why we want to input 4-8x our use, so our power use ends up essentially at zero, or negative.

Most houses, new, have a 10 kW connection.
Ours at 14 kW, 380V 3-phase, is a heavy, industrial, unusually powerful connection.
BIG BEEEEEEEEEEEEE do you see what I see? I am just quoting the whole post, because the software here has bugs. 10kW x 24 = 240 kWh per day. 87,600 kWh per year.
That is 100% up time 24-7, that renders every number he posted INVALID.

You stopped reading when you didn't like what you read. Very typical of the trump cult members that I've encountered. They just wait for trump to tell them what they want to hear, no matter how crazy the lies are.

Please show me a quote from Hanermo's post where he said his solar would put out 10K watts 24 hours a day. I'm betting that you are mistaken or lying. Lets see the proof.
I quoted his nonsense, he was even worse, using figures to claim 24-7 100% production for a whole year, ha,ha,ha. I am neither mistaken or lying and I proved it.

look not at average consumption but at peak consumption. for example, your tariff will be 1.5 kilowatts; if the power consumption is exceeded, your electricity will be turned off automatically. How will he live in such conditions? I don't think so. when they say that 10 kilowatts is not much, they are not talking about average consumption, but about peak loads.
for example, you work on machines for half a day, they consume 10 kilowatts from you, they do not work in the second half of the day, that is, the average consumption is 5 kilowatts. Will a dedicated line of 5 kilowatts be enough for you to run all the machines?
We were talking about solar. Please try to keep up. No tariff on solar that I know of. You use what you make and then if you are limited on how much you can use from the grid you use that last. And if you have battery backup you can use as much power as your inverter and battery bank allow.

It just amazes me how many people that have no actual experience using solar power think that they are experts on the subject but they also think that the ones that use it don't know anything about it unless they have 20 acres of panels.

It just amazes me how many people that have no actual experience using solar power think that they are experts on the subject but they also think that the ones that use it don't know anything about it unless they have 20 acres of panels.
I am amazed by people who do not understand the meaning of what they read. before you run to answer, maybe you should understand what you are answering? I think you have problems with this. large

BIG BEEEEEEEEEEEEE do you see what I see? I am just quoting the whole post, because the software here has bugs. 10kW x 24 = 240 kWh per day. 87,600 kWh per year.
I see what you mean there. He did also post say in the same post that "Of course the extra free 10 kW is only during the day" so he's kind of contradicting himself. Maybe he will see this and explain it to us.

The question is have YOU reviewed his drawings, schematics, or pictures of the install to know that it isn't true what he is saying.

I can tell you that I'd believe most anything from Hanermo before I'd believe most anything from you. "The election was stolen" being exibit A. It's been pretty humorous watching your cult god dance around with the classified document thing. First it was "I declassified them", and "the FBI planted them". What a circus.
You are defiantly steering the discussion again. You persist. Since most here are steering clear of this what you do is fly in once in a while and do the same thing again. Then you get Gus worked up and he tries to start the same kinds of things short of the sailor name calling. Even a sailor would be speechless to see that and I like the Navy. (since Gus seems reformed now for some time he restrains himself quite well) and he is quite sneaky too He does well staying in his kind of off kilter driving lane. His arguments on Green energy sometimes makes a fair amount of sense yet what many do not get here is that most agree with the concept and effort to go green. You will ascribe to someone something specific out of the blue to pin on someone and then you proceed to attack them using the tag you yourself placed upon them yourself. Amazing to watch a old tried and true tactic yet kind of sloppy. Gus on the other hand would hold up the line at the pearly gates for hours making his case! Why don’t you just use the regular power already as going green has just made you abrasive?

I saw that too. Yet this is how the numbers often churn with these thingies historically.

I will get my calculator out to have valid numbers in my trade and my life when I require it and if I see something which obviously is off at a glance I ignore it. I will get valid numbers to solve a issue in this case ROI a good green system. I did not notice where the solar panels were made though yet which obviously if they were a good deal as they seem it might help someone to do the same thing themselves. Thanks for the knowledge would be the sentiment. Still he has subsidies coming based on things as he follows a process. There is the question of how these might last and maintainence costs. Projections are projections not valid testing and monitoring. That is how costs are validated. Han knows this I am sure and he stood up and took the risk because he believes in the project. I admire that.

This makes usage pretty simple, adding home heating and autos will add to make higher usage,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back