What's new
What's new

WTB: 4MT split collet tap holders for hand taps

metalmagpie

Titanium
Scully Jones, Collis, whatever, looking for a handful of split collet tap holders to grip standard sized hand taps. 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" are the priority, others considered. Must be no. 4 Morse taper and in decent condition.

metalmagpie

I have what looks new a Tap driver that takes split collets, has one inserted in the opening. It's NOT taper shank but is probably 1-1/2" straight with flat on side for holing screws as used in Turret lathes. Straight to 4 Morse can be purchased at most suppliers. The drive is the type that when feed stops the tap will pull the housing out and release the clutch, reversing the spindle will engauge the clutch and tap will back out. Clutch is engaged/dis-engaged type.
If interested let me know, I can make photos.

Want a 1" MT4 split holder and you can machine simple collets to fit whatever taps you have?

Thanks, Josh, I got a box of split collet tap holders from Joe21 yesterday and it had fractional sizes that hold taps from 3/4 to 1-1/4" so I already have a 1" holder. Also, I discovered I have a 1/2" holder in one of my drawers albeit 3MT. So now I'm mostly looking for a 5/8" hand tap holder. Again, no pipe or pulley tap holders needed.

Thanks, all, especially Joe21. This is the second great deal I've gotten from him.

metalmagpie

Back