What's new
What's new

WTB: 7/8" horizontal mill arbor spacers

DocsMachine

Titanium
In need of eight to ten inches of spacers for a 7/8" horizontal mill arbor. I think it has a 1/8" keyway, but the one spacer I have has a 1/4".

Mixed sizes preferred, I'll take singles, handfuls, whatever. Don't need a million, but I'd like to have a selection.

If you've got some, PM with description and price.

Replies from "new members" with zero posts will be giggled at, or just ignored. :)

Doc.

I have a set of 13 spacers $40US also a brand new arbor with spacers $50US plus shipping. See pictures
Bob

Attachments

• arbor2.jpg
    arbor2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 55
  • spacers.jpg
    spacers.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 45
I have a set of 13 spacers $40US also a brand new arbor with spacers $50US plus shipping. See pictures
Bob

-How long is the new arbor, and what does it have on the support end? The Nichols uses a small stub of about 12mm diameter.

Definitely interested in the spacers, strongly interested in the arbor. (Mine's a little beat up.)

Doc.

Doc, reading the number of the taper flange from bob's photo, it looks like a NMTB 40 taper, 7/8" diameter, 16" long, B-type arbor. It's the A-type arbors that have the pilot (and NMTB arbors have bigger pilots than Nichols arbors). A B-type arbor wants to use a running bushing, basically an oversized spacer, typically in a plain bronze bearing. So, 1) way longer than you want for a Nichols, and 2) would require another project to make a custom outboard support bracket.

Thanks, SF. Figured it was worth asking. I may also pick up a 'too long' arbor at some point and both shorten it (the Nichols arbors only have about 8" of working shank) and give it the pilot I need to fit my machine.

But, for the time being, I'd be happy with just some spacers, but I haven't heard back from Bob, yet.

Doc.

IIRC, I bought a bunch of spacers in various sizes new from either Travers or KBC. So if the used market doesn't pan out, you can definitely get them without buying a whole arbor.

Back