What's new
What's new

WTB: Benchtop Drill press (german, swiss, swedish, etc)

Bought a Kira KTV-1 which is a drill/tapping machine.

Probably going to keep looking for a dedicated drill press also.

I see "table top" and "drill press" and specifications indicating a serious machine is sought, Donau always comes to mind. Some mislabel them radial, not quite accurate, they're articulating or aka jackknife drills. I recommend these highly. Most in the US are labeled DoAll, the importer.
As 'Donau' indicates, they are of Teutonic extraction, which is rarely a drawback.
I have no financial connection to this unit, one right now at HGR Birmingham. https://hgrinc.com/productDetail/Machine-Tools/Used-Doall-Drill-Press-/12222120013/ A new arrival at ~$1500.00, I'll bet it won't sit long. Had I not just brought a slightly larger Veet #3H in, that baby would be mine. Donau weighs 2100 pounds, I'll offer hauling it back to Kansas City or points between there and Birmingham for a reasonable fuel fee; I won't have means to offload it or include short term storage. However, I have riggers near-by with equipment, making storage a possibility.
BTW, Veet were made in Detroit; OUR Detroit.
Message_1645716328268.jpg
Apparently, auto industry took a liking. Someone else now offers service and parts, along with another distinctive brand, Axelson.

Last edited:
I would consider selling this Ixion table top drill. Tables are rusty but no drill marks anywhere. Previous owner "won" this for his order of a new Ixion gun drill years ago, and never used it..just sat around for a decade or two collecting dust. 220 volts, 3 phase.

IMG_4319.jpgIMG_4318.jpg

Last edited:
Same model Veet radial I described earlier. Couldn't buy a corner of a Donau for this price.
At $500 this won't last a minute, central Oklahoma. I think #2500 weight estimate is low. Coolant tank in the base, #4MT spindle with ejector, something like 7hp, everything a compact 'bench' drill should have, power feed and speed ranges, great placements of controls, even a milled and slotted face on back side.
Beware, really high center of gravity. The column base is cast, but the 'bench' is sheet metal.

Last edited:
Looking for a nice bench top drill press, and certainly prefer European manufactures. Please send me a PM if you have one and are interested in selling it.

I'm located in NJ and willing to travel or have it shipped.

Thank you
Brian
Not exactly what you were looking for, but i have a mint FB2. Im in upstate NY.

Back