What's new
What's new

WTB Follow Rest

emllyn

Plastic
Looking for a South Bend 13" telescoping follow rest.
Looking for one in good condition.
Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Being the internet and all, I'm kind of leery of buying from a new member who joined, and posted once to sell something that someone was looking for.

I'd take all the proper precautions. And suggest buying from regular members, if done here.

Being the internet and all, I'm kind of leery of buying from a new member who joined, and posted once to sell something that someone was looking for.

I'd take all the proper precautions. And suggest buying from regular members, if done here.
Didn't see the rule for new postings. Sorry, i thought i was providing something someone was looking for. I would have assumed there would have been additional communications to establish a legitimate offer.

Didn't see the rule for new postings. Sorry, i thought i was providing something someone was looking for. I would have assumed there would have been additional communications to establish a legitimate offer.
I thought your post looked more legitimate. But the forum has had a run of scammers, mostly in our two buy/sell sections, that new users with no posts were contacting members who posted any wtb requests. Giving phone numbers, email etc. But just stealing people's money.

While some buying/selling does happen here, this site is not ebay or a marketplace in general. And a buyer's best protection here is dealing with contributing members. A great many here, have been here years and have a significant post count, and reputation means something.

I thought your post looked more legitimate. But the forum has had a run of scammers, mostly in our two buy/sell sections, that new users with no posts were contacting members who posted any wtb requests. Giving phone numbers, email etc. But just stealing people's money.

While some buying/selling does happen here, this site is not ebay or a marketplace in general. And a buyer's best protection here is dealing with contributing members. A great many here, have been here years and have a significant post count, and reputation means something.
Yes, i understand. I have been looking up information provided by PM folk for many years. Just now decided to join. I have 2 older SB lathes that i have owned and used for over 45 years. They have supported my interests and needs even though all hand-operated and definitely not high-production oriented. I am not much in to social media which may be why i waited so long to join.

Back