What's new
What's new

WTB: Sky Hook hoist

BoreNH

Plastic
WTB: Sky Hook hoist, depending on price and where it is located.Figure I would throw it out there.Thx

I have one that looks like new. Has Aloris CA dovetail and includes an additional pad mount base that matches the Aloris dovetail.

These things are pretty spendy.

How does $500 sound?

OP, I have not found the mounting plate and weighed this thing yet. I also have this little voice in the back of my mind telling me I bought this to fill a need and I shouldn't sell it. But I don't recall exactly what that need was. More I think about it I'm on the fence about selling it and leaning towards keeping until I atleast remember what I bought it for.

These are very handy I have one to move heavy chucks and face plates on two lathes and I can mount an Aloris (Phase II) to my milling machine tables to move my index tables and spacers to and fro. Definitely better than hernias.

Probably just cough up the change and buy a new one here as I see the one on HGR sold now. Good to know that others enjoy them. I figure that the $1400 for a new one is justified compared to a smashed finger or a hernia surgery down the road. Life is hard enough without adding an accident to the mix.

I have decided I don't need my Skyhook.

$500+ shipping. It's a model 8500 with an added mount adapter for a milling machine or work bench. Fits Aloris CA.20230526_131312.jpg20230526_131334.jpg

Back