What's new
What's new

WTB special metric tap

metalmagpie

Titanium
I am looking for a M6.3x1 tap. They aren't hard to find online but I keep running into minimum order amount being way more than the price of the tap. Home Depot says they will ship one to my store but I just hate doing that.

If you have one to sell let me know. I just need to tap a hole in a ball to replace the missing ball knob for the feed rate arm (selects from 3 power feed speeds) on my Kondia mill.

metalmagpie

I am looking for a M6.3x1 tap. They aren't hard to find online but I keep running into minimum order amount being way more than the price of the tap. Home Depot says they will ship one to my store but I just hate doing that.

If you have one to sell let me know. I just need to tap a hole in a ball to replace the missing ball knob for the feed rate arm (selects from 3 power feed speeds) on my Kondia mill.

metalmagpie

Run a die over the male thread and use a M6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you though it may be so as to provide interference fit intended when 6 X 1 thread in knob 9 So the Dam thing do not rattle loose ? Kind of like a nyloc nut

That 6.3 mm dimension is within 0.05mm of 1/4", and the 1mm pitch is 25.4 tpi. So, it may be worth trying one of the following British threads:
- 1/4BSF is 26 tpi with 55 degree thread angle,
- 1/4CEI is 26 tpi with a 60 degree thread angle.

Both of the above threads have radiused crests and roots.
.. Gregg

Back