What's new
What's new

WTT/WTS South Bend 10K Steady Rest (SR-100K)

Ironcross44

Plastic
Just got this SB steady rest in the mail today. Problem is, I have a 10L and not a 10K (smh, fault on my end for not paying attention when buying). REALLY nice rest that functions smoothly. I wish there was an easy modification I could do to make on work on my bed. Really hoping to trade it for one that will fit my Heavy 10. Can ship or meet locally.

price is $275+ship.

PLEASE EMAIL OR TEXT ME. DO NOT POST “I’LL TAKE IT” TO THIS AD.

[email protected]
484-798-5447

Attachments

• IMG_0548.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0549.jpeg
    IMG_0549.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0551.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0550.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0552.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0553.jpeg
    IMG_0553.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
If you are just trying to get your money back you paid too much. Looking to profit, good luck.
Unfortunately I need to agree. To put in perspective, my BIL bought a 10K from this site in outstanding condition. It included a steady rest in just as nice condition as this one. Bunch of included tooling including a tool post grinder and I believe he paid less than $1500 for everything (was not over $1500). I don't see any SB steady rests going for this much.

$350-400 is pretty common, that one looks like it's in good condition and it's a telescoping steady which are less common than the regular finger ones. I don't think the price is out of the ballpark, though I'd struggle personally to part with that much for a steady (that's just me)

Yea I agree with you guys honestly. I definitely overpaid. Just saw it and it was one of two for sale at the time and blindly bought it without paying attention. Paid $600+ship. Im really just looking for a trade but felt obligated to throw out a price. If anyone is interested though Im open to offers. I dont have anything that this will work on, so i have a LOT of wiggle room. I really wish this could be adapted to fit my lathe. My email is:

[email protected]

Phone (text/call): 484-798-5447

Not trying to make a profit off this at all. Price GREATLY reduced. $275+ship. I know you can find full lathe setups that might include one, but if anyone finds these for sale, without having to buy the whole machine with it, under $400, please, id be VERY grateful to know where ;)

Last edited:
Unfortunately I need to agree. To put in perspective, my BIL bought a 10K from this site in outstanding condition. It included a steady rest in just as nice condition as this one. Bunch of included tooling including a tool post grinder and I believe he paid less than $1500 for everything (was not over $1500). I don't see any SB steady rests going for this much.
Can you shoot me some links to some SB rests? I honestly do need a good source for some original ones, especially telescoping. All ive seen are indeed really pricey. Even if you know where to find some followers would be great too!

Back