What's new
What's new

Yasnac J300 dripfeeding stop randomly

Antoine21130

Aluminum
Hello everyone, I have an issue with dripfeeding on a Matsuura MC-660-VG with J300 control.
I’m using RS232 interface and tried both hardware/software handshake.

Everything work flawlessly (no buffer overflow or anything like that) until the NC control stops at a random line (like in the picture attached below). It’s not program related because the same program can stop at the beginning or at 60% if I try again. It’s a random behavior.

After analysis, it seems like the NC stop asking for data. Only way to get it going again is to reset the J300 and press cycle start again.
The control stop sending CTS (or Xon in software handshake) signal and what’s why the PC stop the transmission of the program.

No error is triggered on the NC.

Any idea on what can cause this issue ?

Attachments

• IMG_8992.jpeg
    IMG_8992.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
What are your settings? I run software handhsake, cable recepie and settings received from tech support of yaskawa.
1703757273245.png
1703757321441.png
And parameters
Press P4 --> then Parameters / Settings. Please take the following photos of the settings parameters.

#0006 = 40
#0007 = 96
#0015 = 34
#0016 = 31
#0017 = 129
#0018 = 31
#0019 = 129
No issues I have at this moment with drip feeding. Well over 1MB programs drip feeding no issues.

Settings are the same as you can see on attached pictures. Wiring is also corresponding to the one you sent.
I also included DNC4U settings if anything seems wrong with them (tried a lot of different combination with the same result : NC stop asking for data).

Attachments

• IMG_9006.jpeg
    IMG_9006.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9011.jpeg
    IMG_9011.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9012.jpeg
    IMG_9012.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9013.jpeg
    IMG_9013.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9014.jpeg
    IMG_9014.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9015.jpeg
    IMG_9015.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
Hello everyone, I have an issue with dripfeeding on a Matsuura MC-660-VG with J300 control.
I’m using RS232 interface and tried both hardware/software handshake.

Everything work flawlessly (no buffer overflow or anything like that) until the NC control stops at a random line (like in the picture attached below). It’s not program related because the same program can stop at the beginning or at 60% if I try again. It’s a random behavior.

After analysis, it seems like the NC stop asking for data. Only way to get it going again is to reset the J300 and press cycle start again.
The control stop sending CTS (or Xon in software handshake) signal and what’s why the PC stop the transmission of the program.

No error is triggered on the NC.

Any idea on what can cause this issue ?
Is the language French? I do not recognize the menu names. We had a problem with the ethernet daughterboard that was causing the RS-232 to randomly lock up during up & download. Pulled the daughterboard, and no RS-232 issues since.

Yeah language is French.
I will try that then, never had issue with upload/download but maybe the issue happen in dnc mode :/

I saw you got it resolved. We bought a J300 strictly because upgrading the memory for large programs was possible. Suggest you look into that.

Yeah I was thinking about upgrading memory but for now just want to resolve this drip-feed problem. Which Ethernet card did you take out ? JCP02B ?

E thernet is a JIF-03 daughterboard that plugs into the JCP-02 board. We were having issues with memory getting corrupted, so I pulled out the JIF-03 Ethernet and the JMM01 memory cards to get that sorted out. It turned out it was one of the binary files that was corrupt.

But I noticed after re-loading the bin files, our regular RS-232 lockups went away. So I am not exactly sure which was the root cause of the RS-232 issue. I have not re-installed either of the JIF or JMM cards. So if the RS-232 issue re-appears, I will know where to start looking. I suspect the JIF, as we were also getting ethernet lock-ups, although I have since learned that ethernet on the J300 is kinda goofy how it gets used, so maybe the lock-ups are not related at all.

E thernet is a JIF-03 daughterboard that plugs into the JCP-02 board. We were having issues with memory getting corrupted, so I pulled out the JIF-03 Ethernet and the JMM01 memory cards to get that sorted out. It turned out it was one of the binary files that was corrupt.

But I noticed after re-loading the bin files, our regular RS-232 lockups went away. So I am not exactly sure which was the root cause of the RS-232 issue. I have not re-installed either of the JIF or JMM cards. So if the RS-232 issue re-appears, I will know where to start looking. I suspect the JIF, as we were also getting ethernet lock-ups, although I have since learned that ethernet on the J300 is kinda goofy how it gets used, so maybe the lock-ups are not related at all.
Thanks for the info! So today I tried taking out JIF-03 Board without any sucess. Program still pause itself randommly so it doesn't seem to be related to the ethernet daughterboard :(

I have an older yasnac. It had very similar behavior while drip feeding: might send 100 bytes, might send 100,000, then would hang with no error messages. The way I was able to get it to work was to use software handshake only - not both hardware and software handshake, but software ONLY. So that's my suggestion: make sure everything associated with hardware handshake is turned off.

By the way, everything else worked great with hardware handshaking, software handshaking or both: upload, download, parameter dump, etc. Just not drip feed.

I already tried that but the issue doesn't seem to be related with hardware vs software handshake. It happens in both cases :/

I would try using NcNetlite from Cadem. What OS are you using? I had a similar issue drip feeding on a Yasnac MX-2. Software x-on/off only cable. The NcNet bypasses the OS hardware limitations of RS-232. I also have Dnc4u, but have never used it for drip feed on the J300.

I have fought Yasnac serial issues in the past with X controls. My issues stemmed from having antivirus software running. Disable your anti virus, disable the Fifo buffers, use communication software as close to Dos as possible. I don't know exactly what the DOS commands are, but you can send a file.out the serial port from the command line. Ive done this with Linux.

I use cimco software, worked out of the box right after i figured out settings and cable. Never had random stops. Had illegal characters xouple times, but that is it

I have RTS enabled on the control side. You show it off in dnc4u. My French translator does not work for Mar & Arr on your rs-232 pages. Is ARR = off?

I have RTS enabled on the control side. You show it off in dnc4u. My French translator does not work for Mar & Arr on your rs-232 pages. Is ARR = off?
I’ve already tried with RTS on for both sides but that doesn’t change anything to my issue. Mar is for “Marche” (ON) and Arr stand for “Arrêt” (OFF).

I would try using NcNetlite from Cadem. What OS are you using? I had a similar issue drip feeding on a Yasnac MX-2. Software x-on/off only cable. The NcNet bypasses the OS hardware limitations of RS-232. I also have Dnc4u, but have never used it for drip feed on the J300.
I’m on Windows. I will try with other softwares today as recommended to see if it change something. I have rx and tx leds on my rs232 adapter and it really seems like it’s the NC that stop sending the Xon command because the RX led stop flickering just before the NC stall after having read the buffered info from last transmission.

Hello everyone and thanks alot for the help. Seems like DNC4U was causing the issue (not seeing the Xon command or something like that).
I've installed NcNetlite from CADEM as recommended by Claya and no more problems ! I'm now able to dripfeed few Mb programs without random stop.

Thanks again to everyone who helped !

I saw you got it resolved. We bought a J300 strictly because upgrading the memory for large programs was possible. Suggest you look into that.
My machine has a 2 meg upgrade. Is there anything beyond that? Who did you use for the upgrade?

We did it ourselves. On the memory page do you have ~2M available on the upper ram? The lower is the flash drive, typically 8 or 16M. You CAN load/run large files from the flash ram, but is more complicated, and has limitations.

Back