What's new
What's new

Yasnac J50 and i-80 controls....what's the difference ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Got a 1996 vintage Enshu S300 that says "J50" on the control, but all the ones for sale with identical control say i-80. And yet there does appear to have been a Yasnac J50 control also...what the heck is the difference ?

Damn , i use an i-80 all day long every day...

Probably the J50 is newer... Because the i-80 is on our Matsuura mill, thats a 1993 model...
And you are looking at a 1996 with a J50...

But they are probably similar...
If there is anything you want to know about the i-80, i can tell you...

PS : it works really nicely by the way...
Never used a Yasnak before, and i was abble to pick it up in no time at all... easy to figure out...

I've seen some other identical Enshu S300's advertised as being as late as 1998 with i-80 control so it may not be an age related issue. I assumed "J50" was just something Enshu concocted for the control to create the illusion is was their own invention, but then I saw a Yasnac J50M manual lying around somewhere, so I don't know what to think.

How many manuals are there for the i-80 control ? The only one I have is the "supplement" one with alarm codes and such.

====================================

(on edit)

The Enshu guy finally called back and he confirmed my two machines were ordered with the Yasnac i-80 control, so I guess my J50 pondering has become a moot point. And all the i-80 manuals appear to be online ! Too good to be true !

I have 3 i-80 manuals...
there might be more, but thats all i have...

there is the main programming manual, then a maintanance manual, and a wireing manual...

i think you will like the i-80...
i do...

Solar.

I have 3 i-80 manuals...
Did you click the link that Don just provided?

There’s 5 manuals just there.

The boys all got together and had a vote. We decided you should be running DNC by Christmas 2007. Since the rest of this year is dedicated to getting you running at %100 rapids.

Make sure you at least download this one. i80M Instructions for Computer Communication Function. Its only 1.4Mb That will help you set up your DNC settings. File it away for that rainy day grasshopper.

Regards Phil.

Watch out for the J50 Yasnac. Ran one on a brand new Hyundai mill control was fine except for two problems. It had 128k memory. No big deal I thought I will just DNC. Other problem is a 4800 max baudrate at which point I had a complete fit. Maybe they are different now but I would definately check. When I searched for J50 controls at the time I noticed only lathes showed up which explained a lot. Looking now I see a few mills with that control. I haven't had any experience with the i-80 but I here it is a nice control.

i have an enshu s300 milling machine control J50M- currently i cannot run TAPE-DNC mode. someone please help me.

The way it was told to me was that the i80 was a much higher end control than the J50, which was a mid level control at the time.
At the time of its introduction, the i80 was one of the fastest CNCs available.

The J50 was Yasnacs version of Fanucs O control. It only has a 4 line buffer so it will be limited running DNC. I had a 1996 S300 with a J50 but I never seriously tried running DNC.

J50 là phiên bản Yasnacs của điều khiển Fanucs O. Nó chỉ có bộ đệm 4 dòng nên sẽ bị hạn chế chạy DNC. Tôi đã có một chiếc S300 1996 với một chiếc J50 nhưng tôi chưa bao giờ nghiêm túc thử chạy DNC.
Máy của mình cũng giống của bạn, nó cũng ra đời năm 1996. Mình chuyên sản xuất khuôn nóng chảy. tôi cần nó có thể hoạt động dnc. bây giờ tôi không biết làm thế nào? Tôi đến từ Việt Nam. Rất khó để tìm được một người thợ sửa chữa ở nước tôi. Bạn có thể cho mình xin tài liệu về máy được không? Email của tôi là [email protected]. Cảm ơn.

Máy của mình cũng giống của bạn, nó cũng ra đời năm 1996. Mình chuyên sản xuất khuôn nóng chảy. tôi cần nó có thể hoạt động dnc. bây giờ tôi không biết làm thế nào? Tôi đến từ Việt Nam. Rất khó để tìm được một người thợ sửa chữa ở nước tôi. Bạn có thể cho mình xin tài liệu về máy được không? Email của tôi là [email protected]. Cảm ơn.
My machine is the same as yours, it was also born in 1996. I specialize in the manufacture of molten molds. i need it can work dnc. now i don't know how? I come from Vietnam. It is very difficult to find a repairman in my country. Can you give me the documentation for the machine? My email is [email protected]. thank you.

Back