What's new
What's new

Z height during tool change

cc22288

Aluminum
Hi all,
I am looking to adjust the distance that the spindle travels in the +Z direction as it releases and re-clamps the drawbar. To clarify, what I mean is this. The tool change usually follows this order:

Spindle goes home (Z0)
Pocket comes down
Arm comes down
arm engages both tools/drawbar releases
* Spindle travels Z+ ~.085" *
Arm turns 180 swapping tools
Spindle goes back down the same ~.085" in Z to accept the tool holder.
Drawbar clamps tool
Arm clears

If it helps, I'm running a VF6SS.
I am familiar with calling a macro via an alias and I'd do it that way but I can't seem to find a long hand tool change macro online, I'm happy to just edit that and tell it to move farther in the Z+ direction, but I so far haven't been able to find a macro that splits a tool change up into each individual command. (extend pocket, unclamp, rotate arm, etc.)

TIA

Go to setting 7 and unlock the parameters.
Type "debug" on the alarm page.
On the Parameter page, start paging down til you find the "MISC" screen.
There is a setting "Draw bar offset 71:" This is the amount the spindle moves at tool change. It's probably in encoder counts. You can adjust this to suit your situation.

You can verify by going to position screen, page down a few times to get to the "POS-RAW DATA" screen. If you MDI a toolchange, you can watch the Z position move to the value that is currently in your draw bar offset parameter.

When you're done, type debug on the alarm page and relock the parameters.

Try at your own risk.

Go to setting 7 and unlock the parameters.
Type "debug" on the alarm page.
On the Parameter page, start paging down til you find the "MISC" screen.
There is a setting "Draw bar offset 71:" This is the amount the spindle moves at tool change. It's probably in encoder counts. You can adjust this to suit your situation.

You can verify by going to position screen, page down a few times to get to the "POS-RAW DATA" screen. If you MDI a toolchange, you can watch the Z position move to the value that is currently in your draw bar offset parameter.

When you're done, type debug on the alarm page and relock the parameters.

Try at your own risk.
Will do! thanks man!

Back