What's new

New profile posts

3d scanner cmm in pristine condition 2um or 0.00008. i can provide a lot of info and help you, is there a way to talk about it Thank you so much., Kind Regards.
I must be going mad but I can’t find where the variator oil filler is on my Chipmaster. Can anyone help me please!

Attachments

• IMG_6278.jpeg
    IMG_6278.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Hi. I am a design engineer in south central mn and looking for someone to assist in hydraulic system design. I noticed you said you had done that most of your career. Be happy to share some details if it is something you would be interested in or know someone that might be.

Regards,
Jason
Ashoka Compressor, manufactures a variety of compressors and pumps for the gas and chemical industries. Their products include reciprocating, centrifugal transfer, cryogenic pumps, and liquid oxygen pumps. They also manufacture cylinder testing stations, valving machines, and vaporizers .

Attachments

• Cryogenic Pumps.jpg
    Cryogenic Pumps.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 0
Hi - I have a 1954 No. 2 vertical that among other things needs cross feed screw/handle/clutch hardware, and electrical switching gear. I too am interested in photos of what you have. Thanks
@PROBE I have found your posts regarding setting up probes very helpful, are you open to helping setup a Renishaw RMI+RMP40M probe on my Fanuc Oi-MF Plus VMC? I need help with the wiring and confirmation of the MTB's settings/params/ladder.
N
northerncalguy
I have the hardware, Renishaws macros and most of the wiring schematics for the machine and can share more info. I have a TS27R installed, which utilizes 1 of 2 available HSS inputs on the machine. If there's interest, please share your best contact info; I look forward to connecting.
P
PROBE
I have a later B&S universal horizontal. I'm looking for several items. Can you send photos or descriptions of what you have?
hello, i see in serveral places that you have posted about having drawings and info from the old rockwell yahoo group. any chance i could get that info? i just bought a rockwell 14 and am trying to learn as much about it as possible. thanks in advance.
4GSR
4GSR
Go to the Rockwell lathe io.group and you will find the drawings and stuff over there.
T
the SS show
Thanks for the direction! I have already found some good info. I posted about my half-nut engagement lever problem over there. Hopefully someone is able to help. The whole carriage is locked up.
4GSR
4GSR
Yeah, there's a interlock in the apron that locks out the half nuts when power feeding. Sounds like that has locked up the half nuts. Wear and tear can play havoc on that. You'll have to drop the apron to access that mechanism. Probably a good idea to do so just to clean out 50 plus years of crap, curd, and shavings that apron can collect. That apron is heavy, be careful!
Mr. Seguin: I have a Lodge & Shipley 1408 similar to yours ... and I have been reading your posts. Do you think you can give me a little help determining the weight of the machine so I can move it from the dealer to my house?

Thanks for your consideration. Phil
W
woodgrayn
Mr. Seguin: you may disregard that message I have been able to ascertain the weight of 3730 pounds. Thanks for sharing your work on Practical Machinist -- very helpful to me.

PHIL
Hi, I'm Edgar Acosta, owner of M2 Solutions, a CNC machining startup. Saw your post seeking a Boston-area partner. I'm in Dracut, 40 mins north of Boston, with a 3-axis CNC mill. Still looking for a partner? Call/text me at (603) 930-7184 to discuss potential collaboration.
hi bob
we might be able to help.if you'd like call me on 02 9997 60 37. we are in sydney.
ross is a good friend of mine and if you like you can talk to him about us.

regards
jens frei
mona vale
I have only operated 1 manual milling machine and it requires that you change the spindle speed while the motor is running. Do all the brands operate like that?
F
Freedommachine
All of the variable speed machines do. Many of the older Bridgeport machines had step pulleys on top. You would stop the motor, move the belt to change the speed and then start the motor again, much like a common drill press.
Hi Lee, I wanted to see if you would do me a favor and send me a couple pictures of the end gears on the Lodge Shipley metal lathe you have. I have one also that I purchased and it was being reconditioned so I purchased it in pieces and I can't find any pictures of the end gears so I can reassemble them so I was hoping that you would send me a couple pictures of the end gears to help me out.. Thank You! DReisinger
L
leeko
Hi, sorry, but I sold that lathe around 3 years ago. I looked but don't think I have any pictures of the end gears, sorry
Back