What's new
What's new

Hurco VM1 (Ultimax) Spindle Fault. Please help

Jon Michael

Plastic
Happy New Year to All, I have a 2004 Hurco VM1 With Ultimax Control with a Yaskawa Varispeed 626MC5 Spindle Drive that keeps faulting. I'm running a Phase converter and double checked the phases are balanced and not to high or to low. The spindle faults out no matter what I do. If I manually try to run the spindle it faults out with a OL1. If I try to manually orientate the spindle for tool change it faults out with a PGO. I've checked the motor to see if it was internally shorted and its not, I've ran power directly to the motor and it turned on no issues and sounded good, I have not meggerd the motor cause I don't have the tester for that. If there is anybody that might be able to suggest something to aim me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for Reading

We use Precision Zone for all of our Hurco/Yaskawa problems. They are extremely knowledgeable. More than likely you'll have to send your drive and cable and maybe the motor itself to them for repair. I would start with a phone call first.

Back