What's new
What's new

Any idea where i can order to make a part?

planoleg

Aluminum
In this big and limitless world of metal, I wonder where I could order to have a bolt/stud manufactured like in the picture below?
1000030389.jpg

Post rfq in the manufacturing resource section, xeometry, protolabs, check phone book for machine shops near you. Calagary area has a few.

Thats what we do everyday. Put an RFQ up in the commerce section and you will get people to bid on it.

Good observation!
I live in Calgary, AB, Canada.
I'm trying to retrofit a hydraulic trunk from bmw e38 into bmw e39 as per this DIY.

The bolt is used to mount the hydraulic lines.
You can quickly scroll through some pictures in the article to see how it's being used.

Это настолько простая деталь, что ее сможет сделать почти любая машиностроительная мастерская. Они просто не хотят производить их в небольшом количестве.
Для небольшого количества вы можете найти человека, у которого есть токарный станок.

There is a couple issues on your drawing that you should clear up before sending out for a quote.

1) The threaded end on the left hand side of the drawing is dimensioned as 9.8mm. Its no doubt a ten mm thread, it would be better to dimension it as 10mm x pitch x length of thread.

2) the hex in the center should be dimensioned as the size of the hex over the flats.

3) on the right hand side there needs to be a dimension for the minor diameter of the snap ring groove.

Это настолько простая деталь, что ее сможет сделать почти любая машиностроительная мастерская. Они просто не хотят производить их в небольшом количестве.
Для небольшого количества вы можете найти человека, у которого есть токарный станок.
Спасибо поищу, мне только одна штука нужна:)

There is a couple issues on your drawing that you should clear up before sending out for a quote.

1) The threaded end on the left hand side of the drawing is dimensioned as 9.8mm. Its no doubt a ten mm thread, it would be better to dimension it as 10mm x pitch x length of thread.

2) the hex in the center should be dimensioned as the size of the hex over the flats.

3) on the right hand side there needs to be a dimension for the minor diameter of the snap ring groove.
You're 100% correct. Unfortunately, I was not the one who made this drawing, and took it from an article.
I'll try to check with the author, if he can provide those details.

Можно просверлить головку стандартного болта и закрепить заглушку Loctite или приварить ее.
С помощью этого можно сделать такую деталь с помощью сверлильного станка и напильника.

I guess the hex doesn't really matter, nor does the thread pitch.
Just given the application, hex simply needs to be there to screw the bolt. And thread pitch doesn't matter because new thread is being made where it's screwed anyways.

Haha yeah I'm just planning to do the same retrofit.
Install the hydraulic mechanism from E38 into E39.

In soviet russia YOU don't speak Russian, Russian speaks YOU!

michiganbuck said: Это настолько простая деталь, что ее сможет сделать почти любая машиностроительная мастерская. Они просто не хотят производить их в небольшом количестве.
In soviet russia YOU don't speak Russian, Russian speaks YOU!
RE: This is such a simple part that almost any machine building workshop can make it. They just don't want to produce them in small quantities.
For a small quantity, you can find a person who has a lathe.

Back