What's new
What's new

New type of anti-vibration bars - MAQ AB

gregormarwick

Diamond
Since Sandvik's patents expired a few years ago lots of others have jumped on the damped bars, basically copying Sandvik, but rarely matching them in performance IME.

Stumbled across these this morning that are a little different: https://maqab.com

Seems to be an evolution of the original Sandvik/Teeness system, with the rubber mount/variable viscosity oil replaced with some kind of polymer that combines the function of the two.

Anyone using these that can verify the claims made re. performance?

How does cost compare to Sandvik?

I talked to them for a bit at The Tool Show last year.
But I have not used any of their products yet.

I was impressed enough to take the pic anyhow.
I prefer to take pics rather than scan my card, that way I can contact you if I want/need someday, not get bothered by you.

DSCN2952.JPG

-------------------------

I am Ox and I approve this here post!

Last edited:
As you can see in my pic, there is a headless bar sticking out from behind the brochure.

I'm sure that smaller ones are integral.

------------------------

We've gotten 1 or 2 of them to test out in the smaller sizes (3/4-1"). From what I've heard from our tool guy who quoted some of the larger size bars we use often (2" and up) they are cheaper than Sandvik ( though with their prices it's not that difficult).

As far as if they work, the operator to whom it was given has been quite possessive over keeping it at his machine, so I take it as a quite a positive sign.

I never knew ScamVick's patent was up. I am very interested as our devibe bar collection is worth more than my truck and is getting long in the tooth.

I have to connect the dots for you, and you're from Texas?
tsk.gif

-----------------

Back