What's new
What's new

17-1/2" Wide Shaper Vise For Sale

G-ManBart

Cast Iron
I'm selling a 17-1/2" wide shaper vise that's in good condition. It comes with the matching wrench, but that has a couple of braze repairs to the handle portion. It also comes with bolts/nuts for the tee slots. The bolt spacing is 11" wide. I have a 14" wide vise for my G&E shaper and that weighed just shy of 300lbs...this is much larger and has to be at least 400lbs. I'm located half an hour southwest of Detroit. Asking $300....that's cheap by the pound, right? For scale, it's sitting on a full-size furniture dolly...this thing is a beast! I'd rather not ship it, but I'd be willing to put it on a pallet and drop it off at a freight terminal if it helps.

IMG_5470.JPG
fullsizeoutput_595.jpeg

I'm about 90% sure that's a Cincinnati vise. Going from memory, but it looks just like the vise on a 24" heavy duty I used to run.
I'm 99.9% certain you're correct! This came from an auction and there was a 24" Cincinnati Heavy Duty at the facility, but the vise wasn't on the shaper (I didn't measure the table slots). I put conservative bids on both the shaper and the vise, but only got the vise. The shaper went first so I'm guessing it went to a scrapper or they would have tried to get the vise. It seemed like a dumb way to do things, but I don't get a lot of what the machinery auction folks do, so it's not surprising.

I am betting my shaper vice exceeds 500 plus. It opens about 19in and its on a huge rotary table.

I am betting my shaper vice exceeds 500 plus. It opens about 19in and its on a huge rotary table.
I wouldn't be surprised. I'm sure this vise is easily 400+lbs. The rigger who loaded it for me said he thought it was 450lbs.

I was walking past my shaper and had to take this picture. My shaper is a G&E 20-24 Industrial Universal, so not exactly a tiny machine, but this vise is nearly the same footprint as the base on my shaper!IMG_5482.JPG

Were is it located? my old shaper is needing a vice usually freight kills something l8ke this though
Edit sorry saw younsaid detroit

Were is it located? my old shaper is needing a vice usually freight kills something l8ke this though
Edit sorry saw younsaid detroit
If you want to take a look at what freight would be, you can use 48174 as a zip code.

Back