What's new
What's new

1998 fadal 3016 program loading

DBcooper

Aluminum
I'm looking at a 98 fadal, with I believe the 88 (?) control, I'm not very familiar with fadals, but frankly they're a dime a dozen. I'm wondering if you can load a cam program to run on it, and of so, will it process the lines of code for a 2D adaptive toolpath smoothly? What red flags should I be looking for?

Thanks

Man was that ever helpful
Hey, with the name you chose, gotta expect some razzing :) That guy is a hero to everyone I know ....

I did know a guy with a very early fadal. He did some 3d surfacing, looked okay. Was primitive by today's standards, done in smartcam, but unless that control has a lot of memory (unlikely), I guess he had to drip feed it.

Hey, with the name you chose, gotta expect some razzing :) That guy is a hero to everyone I know ....

I did know a guy with a very early fadal. He did some 3d surfacing, looked okay. Was primitive by today's standards, done in smartcam, but unless that control has a lot of memory (unlikely), I guess he had to drip feed it.
Haha fair enough!

I appreciate it, fadals seem to be cheap iron that just work.. that's kinda what I'm looking for, but fusion programs can get pretty lengthy, so it may not be the move... We'll see how bad they wanna give the thing away!

I have a 4020 with the 88HS control and it surfaces amazingly well it also must have an extended memory as I have put a 700k program in with no problems. Although it took over 10 min to put in.

Haha fair enough!

I appreciate it, fadals seem to be cheap iron that just work.. that's kinda what I'm looking for, but fusion programs can get pretty lengthy, so it may not be the move... We'll see how bad they wanna give the thing away!

That’s one of my main gripes with Fusion. For some reason it wants to break every move into ten-thousand smaller moves. Outputs huge programs for simple parts. Maybe it was the config.

Anywho an 88HS will profile and surface without issues. I’ve got an “expanded” 422 kB memory on one 4020, but we DNC everything.

1998 should be AC motors/amps and 88HS control. They’re easy mechanically to work on, which is helpful because you’ll be working on it often.

Back